ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2.0l badges or 1.6 16v

what badges do i put on my car?

• stick with the 1.6

Votes: 98 83.1%
  • or put on some 2.0

Votes: 20 16.9%

• Total voters
  1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
Nothing wrong with making your car look nice, the 2.0 kit is a great improvement upon standard. So do the 1.6 16v badges in silver.

But don't make its say something its just not.

I did mine in silver and they looked just fine.

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
2.0 - it's a replica, a replica is a copy and the real thing has 2.0 badges. I've voted 2.0 - seems a bit pointless to make a rep without them tbh, no one will notice anyway, it's not like you're writing "2.0 16V ENGINE IN HERE" down the side in foot high letters.

alien green rs133
i've rep'd mine but i dont see the point in bragging about something you dont have, so atm it has 1.2 badges on it but i have smooth silver ones to go on when i can be arsed to take strips off :D

Meg R26 + Mk4 GTTDI
on second thoughts it will have sport badges on the back yes?

would be silly not to put the 2.0L badge then

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Only put on 2.0 badges if you're the sort of person that'd put M3 badges on a 318i.

Never overstate IMO, keep it as it is, or just get 16v.

Understated is only cool if you have a fast car like 1.2 badges on a 1*2 or 316i badges on this...

m3csl-316i.jpg

Evo 6, E92 320d
Only put on 2.0 badges if you're the sort of person that'd put M3 badges on a 318i.

Understated is only cool if you have a fast car like 1.2 badges on a 1*2 or 316i badges on this...

m3csl-316i.jpg

CSL no? Someones gonna get a pasting lol.

320d
Get the 2.0 16v badges but just don't race anything, that way no-one will ever know. Except the sunroof

Mini Cooper S sport
Just spray the 1.6 badges to match the rims. Don't pretend it has a 2.0 litre engine in it when it doesn't. It's like normal BMWs having M3 badges, you just don't!

Or buy a 172.

330Ci (Fail)Sport

m3csl-316i.jpg

CSL no? Someones gonna get a pasting lol.

Yep it is a CSL, plate check says so and when I saw it from a distance I was convinced but couldn't make out the badge till I got close to it. Everything else standard CSL, bootiful!

Apparently he's on the BMW forum and did it for the fun of watching people thinking its a CSL rep, till he floors it. Altho that was according to Ollie so might wanna take it with a pinch of salt :rolleyes: but it makes sense lol

172 Cup, AX trackbeast.
^^^Aside from the spolier, 316i badge gives it away as at that age, they'd stopped doing the 316 as a coupe. The smallest one was the 1.8.

And it would be badged 318ci.

/BMW trivia mode off.

:)

Nothing wrong with making your car look nice, the 2.0 kit is a great improvement upon standard. So do the 1.6 16v badges in silver.

I always liked 'the green sheep' One of the first on here (non 172 cup) to have turini's on it iirc :cool:

1.8 8v RSi
ok, the guy isnt trying to pretend he has a 2ltr in the car, he's trying to make it look like one.
also he said he doesnt exactly race anything on the lights.
and finally, does anyone actually ever look at the badges on the side of the car? i never have...unless its so obvious it cant be avoided like a paticular favourite...."type r"

330Ci (Fail)Sport
^^^Aside from the spolier, 316i badge gives it away as at that age, they'd stopped doing the 316 as a coupe. The smallest one was the 1.8.

And it would be badged 318ci.

/BMW trivia mode off.

:)

LOL

I think the guy was hoping he'd get someone in a modded corsa 1.2 at the lights than you lol

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I think you should do the 2.0 badges tbh.

If it looks alright go for it...why would you care what other people think...if you're happy yourself do it.

That won't stop the abuse though!

Yozza'd Titanium 182
I think you should do the 2.0 badges tbh.

If it looks alright go for it...why would you care what other people think...if you're happy yourself do it.

That won't stop the abuse though!

most people havn't got anything better to do tho mate than come on a website and have ago at someone... alot of its probably jealousy

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S

I always liked 'the green sheep' One of the first on here (non 172 cup) to have turini's on it iirc :cool:

Yep definatly one of the very first! I have a chance to buy it back.. think i should? lol

most people havn't got anything better to do tho mate than come on a website and have ago at someone... alot of its probably jealousy
How so ?

I might get me some 2.0 badges too;)

leg-end!

Can I have your v6 badges?

James - just out of interest how much have you spent on parts turning your 1.6 into a 172? Is it about the same difference as a standard 1.6 vs standard 172?

Ph1 172 + Combo van
that csl is awesome lol but surely they would notice the wheels sticking out the sides and the carbon fibre roof, car noob destroyer it must be

ITB'd 172
as stated erlier in this.you say why stop at 98% but surely 100% is the engine too...
replica kit cars have equally big if not bigger engines than the real real things majority of the time.
id say do what others have said and put the 16v ones on or blanks.that way your not lying.

C63 AMG
Do what you want, which is what you´ll do anyway. And to whom it may concern: a Sunday dinner can include any meat you wish. Unless of course you´re a vegetarian in which case you will have nutloaf.

Audi S1
i think i'm going to put some on my replica, along with the new renaultsport badge. as you said, it's pointless making a replica and finishing at 98% completed. :)

1% on badge and 1% on engine?

but the engine is quite a big percent of the car... :S

I think you should of made it a little more intresting and put Dont bother in the poll... that why it would of been much better for people to express there views on your choice...

Personally it bugs me... whether on not you are doing a replica

1. whats the point (save the money and buy the car you want when its affordable)
2. The whole racing maliki... Clio vs corsa saxo etc... and loses...
3. Your just lying to yourself...

Your choice but MANY inc me will disagree:rolleyes:

Why make it out to be something its not?

If they're painted silver people will hardly notice anyway.

Astra van,Mk1 nova
imo i wouldnt be asking anyone what to do with the bullets! Its your rep mate do what you like. At the end of the day its going to make no difference to members on cs.

Astra van,Mk1 nova
imo i wouldnt be asking anyone what to do with the bullets! Its your rep mate do what you like. At the end of the day its going to make no difference to members on cs.