ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 wheel retrim pics

Rb 182
Finally got round to getting my melted wheel sorted out.
Had it done by jack at royal steering wheels. Highly recommend.
Didn't want an aftermarket wheel and lose cruise con. And didn't want to get robbed by renault for a new wheel.

image_zps81b6e69a.jpg

image_zpsf66cec17.jpg

image_zpsff279b49.jpg

Darren61

ClioSport Club Member
The workmanship looks fairly decent but overall it just looks absolutely ridiculous. The shape and size and proportions are all wrong and it just looks like you need Hulk Hands to drive it. If the person doing it really understood their craft it would look something like this -

photo_zpsfeefafe9.jpg

Rb 182
I think to say it looks ridiculous is a bit of an overstatement to be fair. It looks better than the melted wheel in the first pic. And it looks better than the one in the pic in my opinion apart from the thumb grips.

PH2 Flamer
Looks ok, but not as good as snappy's work
IMO. His look better than factory fresh.

Nice to see something different though.

Rb 182
Get what ordered ? And what 172 ? Are you having some kind of difficulty. Its a racing blue 182. And its already fitted buddy. So i dont need to order one im afraid. Thanks for the advice though.

Rb 182
Erm. No. Not really. Im happy with it. Thanks for showing concern though. Jeez. The internet really is wasted on you. Hi jack some body elses thread now if its not too much bother pal. Cheers

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
It's the thumb grip area that doesn't look right, material looks loose which is letting the rest of the great work on the wheel down.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
+2

i'd go with that. Flicking between snappies and that look a world apart in terms of workmanship. :/

Still, better than it was, it was horrific!

Rb 182
Material looks loose in the pic agreed. But it isn't. Its just looks like it in the pic for some reason. The pic does no justice at all.
What thing on the stereo ?

Not a huge fan of Snappy's work, Steering wheel looks nice mate. Have gotten a quote and getting mine re-trimmed by Jack at royal steering wheels soon!

Rb 182
Cant recommend enough. Get it done. You will be pleased with the results Who ever you choose to do the work. I suppose its all down to your own taste.

Definitely will do. Was going to wait till around Christmas time but now i have seen yours i want to get it done sooner aha. Especially like the 1 week turn around!

Rb 182
Plus you wont have to be without a steering wheel for a week. As he will have one ready to re-trim in his workshop. Bonus.

Didn't realise that! Price seems pretty reasonable too. He definatley knows his stuff as well from just asking a few simple questions about what needs to be done

Not a huge fan of Snappy's work, Steering wheel looks nice mate. Have gotten a quote and getting mine re-trimmed by Jack at royal steering wheels soon!

How can you not be a fan of Snappy's work lol? Are you deluded? Or just special?

It's far superior to the example above in every single manner lol.

Rb 182
Its his opinion. And he is more than entitled to it. Some peoples work may not be to everybody's taste. Doesn't make him deluded. Or special.

Definatley no special or deluded, but thanks for your kind checkup, lovely person :) Reason i dont like his work is i dont or never have liked the thumb grips on the sport steering wheels and dont like how he incoporated the leather into his retrim. This is what im getting royal steering wheels to do to mine NOTHING LIKE SNAPPYS!steering wheel.jpg

Rb 182
Haha. Joking aside. It isnt sagging at all. I wouldnt fit a saggy wheel in my car. I would send it back. Its just the effect on the pic.

Definatley no special or deluded, but thanks for your kind checkup, lovely person :) Reason i dont like his work is i dont or never have liked the thumb grips on the sport steering wheels and dont like how he incoporated the leather into his retrim. This is what im getting royal steering wheels to do to mine NOTHING LIKE SNAPPYS!View attachment 104584

Don't take it personally ;) I do agree that looks like a decent wheel too.

But in my opinion it's not a touch on one of Snappy's. Looks far too plain in comparison! Put them back to back and I think you'd be silly to go for that over the other. But if you prefer it plain then that's all that matters. Everyone is different aye. You're car at the end of the day.

Any of the wheels above will be an improvement over a s**t melted standard one lol!!