ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 stuttering from cold.

Artic blue clio 182

So, any confirmation about the service intervals, because if it is 12 months

i need to book mine in!

Silver 182 F/F

Quote: Originally posted by Big G on 14 July 2005

Mine is doing it again, splutter and big flat spot at 2000 rpm, almost sounding like one of the cylinders isnt firing.

Not a huge deal, ill just leave it a minute before I head off in the morning.
Thats O.K if your in it on your own but its no fun when your taking your mates home from work on a cold night,for all our heads to be bobbing around like a bunch of fools in my so called brand new car.Try explaining to them its ok everyones does it:oops:

yeah does it here too. when i had the supersprint on it would backfire and pop like afooker if you tapped the accelerator right, lol

my 182 is doing this aswell and had it in to get fixed they said nothing wrong with it but may be my magnex exhuast. this fault only occurs when engine temp is cold and outside air temp is above 15 degrees. so all week been bad and today as cooler found its driving ok from cold. thought oit was overfuelling myself but they say not.

Racin Blue 182

Mines done this from new - now 2 months old and no worse or better - its ok after about 200 yards though or if left to idle for a minute.

Someone mentioned about it only happening when using Optimax - mines had Optimax since I got it - maybe its the engine recognising the RON 98 fuel and changing the mapping? Anyone had this problem and not used Optimax?

I doubt very much that the cause is Optimax. I cant remember the last time I used Optimax and my 182 suffers with this odd behaviour pretty much every day. :-(

Yep mine has been into renault twice for this fault. First time they replaced the brake switch - nil fix. Second time was 2 days ago when they loaded the latest ecu software. Seems a bit better so far - will keep yoall updated!!

They are all a little hesitant/lumpy from cold, 172s or 182s. its the way the ECU controls the fuelling and timing on initial start up to meet EU regs on emissions.

The other point about it being an over-rev protection someone made isnt true. However the rev limiter is variable on these cars and when the engine is cold it does come in alot lower but not as low as 2/3k rpm.