ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Oil leak

Clio 182
Hi,

Wondering if anyone has any experience of oil leaking as shown in the attached Photos. It appears to be running down the side of the Air Con radiator, cars been back to renault twice who have told me there is no leak & what I'm seeing is water. They couldn't explain why water is staining my driveway though. Any help much appreciated as car going back in on Tuesday to have this looked @ again.

Attachments

• DSC00657.JPG
    DSC00657.JPG
    73.6 KB · Views: 35
  • DSC00658.JPG
    DSC00658.JPG
    64.6 KB · Views: 49
  • DSC00660.JPG
    DSC00660.JPG
    69.4 KB · Views: 36
  • DSC00662.JPG
    DSC00662.JPG
    67.3 KB · Views: 30
  LY 182
the real obvious way to see what it is is what it smells like. distinct difference between engine/gbox oil.
does the aircon have any gas left in it?

Ian

Focus TDCi
Got this on my ph1 1.6. Had a mate round to look at it and he reckons it's the front main oil seal.

If it's the same on yours there'll be quite a bit of oil on the bottom left side of the engine bay, not that easy to see. Although yours appears to be on the right side, so it could be a different seal or something.

So erm yeah, don't know really!

clio sport 182
just got my car back after renault had it for 4 months doing an engine rebuild,and its leaking,finally output seal,grrrr!!!