ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oil Leak!

Scirocco GT 2.0
Blimey!

Took my car in the Renault this morning and left it with them because there was a noise coming from the water pump.

Now I get a phone call saying they have replaced that under warranty, but they have also found a oil leak at the top of the engine and they have it in bits!

They will need to order parts so when I go back later they will have to give me a car until Tuesday!

The car isn't very old! Not impressed...

Scirocco GT 2.0
1.4 irc youve not had much luck with it though

Yeah 1.4.. and yes you've noticed :(

I'm __ <- That close to just getting rid and going for something Deutsch tbh

Although, hopefully this will be it now, teething problems over *fingers crossed*

Scirocco GT 2.0
Surely they should have asked you first before taking the engine to pieces!!!

Yeah I suppose they should have done really.

Although I was pleased they picked up on it and actually wanted to get it sorted for me. I spoke to the mechanic when I picked up the courtesy car after work and he said there was oil coming from the cam shaft area and running down the back of the engine on to the timing belt, hence the water pump problems.

Lookers Chelmsford have been very good in getting things sorted tbh and they always offer a courtesy car/lift

My car must have been built on a Friday ;)

Last edited:

Da

Less
Surely they should have asked you first before taking the engine to pieces!!!

Erm...I think they'll have needed to 'take it to bits' to replace the water pump, which was the original job.

Glad it's all getting sorted under warranty though.

Volvo S60 T5
Result!
Will save you loads of money when the warranty runs out, also check with them but you will probably have a nice new cambelt kit fitted as well.

Scirocco GT 2.0
Result!
Will save you loads of money when the warranty runs out, also check with them but you will probably have a nice new cambelt kit fitted as well.

Oh Really? Why's that?

I thought it would have to be re-timed etc but didn't think they would replace it. :D

As mike says they will have changed the cambelt kit, which means you've got another 5yrs/ 72k from now until it needs doing again, result if you ask me.

Scirocco GT 2.0
Yes! Don't take the car back if they haven't put a new one on!

military_salute_smileyM.gif

Scirocco GT 2.0
She's back...

New Cam Belt Kit, New Timing belt, New Water Pump etc.

Not 100% sure what caused the oil leak because there was no one to ask and they forgot to give me the paperwork but they'll probably post it or i'll go down and get a copy.

The car feels tight like new again and clean, plus I know one of the team down there and he slapped some polymer polish on :)

Last edited: