ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 cup vs 172 cup

Cam

182 Cup
lol 50/50 on a car sounds like a disaster imo.

... but deffo 172cup... 182cups are for the limp wristed cs driver :rasp:

Shat it slaaaaaaag!!

Go for the 172, as said in previous posts it feels more responsive.

Tungy
172 cup

But I'd take into consideration the ph1 172 as mentioned before. Cheaper, cheap interior you won't be bothered about stripping, cable throttle, and that extra money you save can go towards mods :)

172cup
172 cup

But I'd take into consideration the ph1 172 as mentioned before. Cheaper, cheap interior you won't be bothered about stripping, cable throttle, and that extra money you save can go towards mods :)

worst decision they ever made, removing that on the ph2's

RS RIP
not yet problems with the fly-by-wire throttle... seems to be a problem yes for lots of mk2's

J

JACKO CUP 172!

172 cup all the way!!plus you get some decent wheels with the 172 .

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
182cup is faster , looks better and breaks down more less than 172cup
172/cup owners say 172cup i say 182cup

What do you base these views on?

Plenty of people on here own neither (me included) and are in agreement that the 172 cup is the superior track car.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
endless problems on mine.,... and heard almost all others are the same?

Eh? What problem?

I've never had a situation where my throttle hasn't responded 100% as it should.

Why do all the Ph-Q fanboys rave about the cable throttle?

Do I not appreciate it because I've got an R-Sport ECU which improves throttle response?

clio 172 cup
172 best power 2 weight so fastest, lose abit more weight by stripping rear seats etc then get gdi to put some cams remap there 1500quid package and u have a very fast car

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
not read this full thread so not sure whats been said but personally id get a Phase 1 172 as its a cheaper base car to start with, you already have the 15" wheels for cheap track rubber and better handling, alloy bonnet is an added bonus too for weight saving thats before you even get to the advantages of cable throttle!

strip the interior, set of buckets, loose the aircon, sticky rubber, coilovers = track weapon!

www.renparts.co.uk

why do they break down less? theyre virtually the same car... except the 182 has more electronic trickery to go wrong. Actually think about something before saying it.

182 Cup is faster? With all that extra weight? Are you sure?

I always presumed they would be pretty much identical on the road, in a straight line at least? I dare say the "real" Cup is more nimble though. Personally I couldn't live without AC, as I use it all year round :) Otherwise I'd say go for the 172Cup, or a full fat 182.

172cup
endless problems on mine.,... and heard almost all others are the same?

Eh? What problem?

I've never had a situation where my throttle hasn't responded 100% as it should.

Why do all the Ph-Q fanboys rave about the cable throttle?

Do I not appreciate it because I've got an R-Sport ECU which improves throttle response?

pedal/throttle position sensors going all the time. Ive heard a lot of them go!

172 cup

You Sir talk serious s**t, what the hell are you on about? its practically the same car except doesnt have all that weight and the stupid looking exhausts.

I think you need to research before buying a car next time drain brain.

Renault Clio 182 Cup
i knew u gonna say that. your replys shown how crazy u are about ur clios
i know what i bought and i had deep check on 172cup/182cup on track and don't tell me how cow does the s**t ok??
182CUP - proper cup 1 of 931!!

172 cup TT
i know what i bought and i had deep check on 172cup/182cup on track and don't tell me how cow does the s**t ok??

haha this guy sounds about 9! - he has made me chuckle, bless.... i think its one of the member's sons / niece using his account.

182 Trophy & Megabusa
well being the owner of a 182 trophy i would say.........

going with the general consensus here....you would be mad to buy a 182 cup over a 172 cup as a track car! 172 cups are awesome and generally are faster in a straight line too as they will pretty much all be higher mileage than 182's.

saves you time and money stripping it, much cheaper in the first place and lighter to start with...

and 50/50 with a mate is never a good idea!

bet everyone thought i was coming with a 'trophy is king post'...gotcha lol!

i'd go for a 172 cup, the weight saving on the 182 cup isnt worth losing the toys for.. plus a 172 will be cheaper..

A4 DTM/iceberg cup

all i can say is hahaha

oh yeah can anyone smell something???

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
172 cup is the faster and the original and it weighs less which is what they set out to do.The 182 was a blatent marketing exercise and some numptys actually fell for it