ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup Project ['_']

cjgower

ClioSport Club Member
What engine mods you got chris?

I should make 190 i hope. Yeah im a lightweight also. I feel it after 2 lol

I only have my KTR induction kit and exhaust. Im going to try and decat before the day as well. Other than that its standard so just breathing mods. 190 is a good figure! what have you done engine wise?

Glad im not the only one ;).

Have you sprayed the interior metal?

Yeah I got some paint mixed up from halfords but it wasn't the best of jobs so I've since fitted a carpet it to the back to tidy it up

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
I only have my KTR induction kit and exhaust. Im going to try and decat before the day as well. Other than that its standard so just breathing mods. 190 is a good figure! what have you done engine wise?

Glad im not the only one ;).

Yeah I got some paint mixed up from halfords but it wasn't the best of jobs so I've since fitted a carpet it to the back to tidy it up

Ull have to get it mapped once uve decatted it. I got the ktr ind kit. Great noise. Ive got cams. Matched inlets. Decat & exhaust & map and uprated leads

cjgower

ClioSport Club Member
Sounds wicked mate. KTR induction sound FTW ;).

Not sure if I can afford the decat just yet. Was going to put back on for MOT, that still fine to do once its mapped?

What cams did you get mate? I really want to get some but the belts where done about 7 months ago before I got the car. How do you find MPG consumption now? Im doing 350-400 miles per week next year (3rd year uni commute) :/

cjgower

ClioSport Club Member
Well Apologies for the lack of quality, but I took this when dark earlier. It took a hacksaw to get the battery cover to fit because of the induction kit. Got there in the end though.

9001196398_a806313d9e.jpg

EngineBay by ChristopherJGower, on Flickr

cjgower

ClioSport Club Member
So today I fitted my latest mod, xenons :p. Managed to source them from a guy breaking a clio on ebay, really good guy and got them for a good price. He wrapped them well which was good :D

They came a bit faded so it was straight to work with the 3M kit, however they need going over again now :/
At the Start:

photo-8_zps7af0c86a.jpg

And Finished....
9069446321_4c3aa1f1fc_z.jpg

photo-9 by ChristopherJGower, on Flickr

Fitting the light was a little more work than I expected. Using the guide on how to removed the front bumper on here it was fine. The lights went in and worked first time. They look awesome. WIN :D
9069446123_6a3ca2f2d7_z.jpg
photo-13 by ChristopherJGower, on Flickr
photo-7_zps4ac71e0a.jpg

Last edited:
Well Apologies for the lack of quality, but I took this when dark earlier. It took a hacksaw to get the battery cover to fit because of the induction kit. Got there in the end though.

9001196398_a806313d9e.jpg

EngineBay by ChristopherJGower, on Flickr

Hi mate, do you have any more photos of the battery cover?

I'm facing the same problem as mine doesn't fit properly and rubs on my samco hose :(

Thought about filing it but it'd take forever!

Cheers.

cjgower

ClioSport Club Member
Hi mate, do you have any more photos of the battery cover?

I'm facing the same problem as mine doesn't fit properly and rubs on my samco hose :(

Thought about filing it but it'd take forever!

Cheers.

Hi mate, I had a picture of this already as someone asked me about it last week.

I used a hacksaw on mine and then a file. Didn't make a perfect job of it. Nothing paint wont hide though.

photo-14_zps953a3121.jpg

Looks a really clean cup. I'm slightly jealous of your engine bay, makes me want to get the paint out and tidy mine up.

cjgower

ClioSport Club Member
Today was good as I went along to atspeed in Reyleigh with about 15 others for a rolling road day. Im so pleased with the power it made. 170.5bhp and this was achieved with Ktec Stealth and Induction Kit. Total cost at £350. Torque was all good too :D.

photo_zps27eecae1.jpg

cjgower

ClioSport Club Member
Got about £200 spare for handling mods and just spent money on Braided lines, HC disks and Freddo pads. Any recommendations, best handling mod for £200? Not tyres, they are fine.

As above so far:

- Cooksports Springs
- HC Disks
- Freddo Pads
- KTR braided lines

& selling my buckets if anyones interested

Going to have a read through your thread now mate, but regards to your £200 handling mod budget, what about a Whiteline RARB? I can't comment unfortunately but seems like the next logical step from what I have read on here...

Just my 2 pence :)

cjgower

ClioSport Club Member
Just read through this, im in love with your car :p

Thank you very much mate

Going to have a read through your thread now mate, but regards to your £200 handling mod budget, what about a Whiteline RARB? I can't comment unfortunately but seems like the next logical step from what I have read on here...

Just my 2 pence :)

Yeah thats the mod I was thinking of next to mate. Does seem like the best one for under £200

cjgower

ClioSport Club Member
So recently this happened -

10001148_10201832365230495_700760311_o_zpsf4e57236.jpg

Quite tidy, completely standard but a little unloved. It will be an on going project to make it a tidy example for the next couple of years.

I won't be modifying it at all, unless parts go wrong. Engine mounts will probably be the first on the list like last time.

Then once I purchase my own house its going to get boosted. :race:

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
So recently this happened -

10001148_10201832365230495_700760311_o_zpsf4e57236.jpg

Quite tidy, completely standard but a little unloved. It will be an on going project to make it a tidy example for the next couple of years.

I won't be modifying it at all, unless parts go wrong. Engine mounts will probably be the first on the list like last time.

Then once I purchase my own house its going to get boosted. :race:

Good boy. Good to see ya back