ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

16v Alarm

Ive been trying get the alarm to work on my valver but seem to struggling. Neither the Haynes manual or the handbook go into the alarm details very deeply.....when I arm the car with the key fob and then force the alarm to go off the indicators will flash but there is no sound. I have found the key slot in the passenger side exterior flip up compartment but no matter which way I turn the key it doesnt seem to want to play. To turn the sounder I guess I would be turning the key clockwise? Is it common for valver sirens to pack in?

Sorry to sound like a numpty but I really got much idea when it comes to car electrics....cheers Paul.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC

Quote: Originally posted by Speiro on 20 February 2004

I never got the key with mine for that bit under the bonnet :(

<SCRIPT language=javascript>
Ditto - Dont even know where the bit under the bonnet is!

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC

If you dont have the key what can you or cannot make it do?

Ive had the battery disconnected a few times and fuses etc.. but I cant make it do anything!

there is another key under the glove box, i think the one in the glovebox is the immobiliser, try that, then hopefully the one near the washer bottle is activated!

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

the one in the glove box is a tacky immobiliser and isnt connected to the alarm.its cuts an ing feed to the relay box under the bonnet.

The alarm siren is in the compartment at the back of the engine bay on the passenger side - should be a flip-off black cover on it that you pull back to get to the lock. I think this is what turns the siren on and off, from what I can remember...

The Jinx

And Im having all of that ripped out on Friday for a spangly new cat1!

Its probably fooked Paul. The guy I took mine to in Stockport said its quite common.

ahh i had the same prob!!

what u have to do is make sure all the keys are in the correct posistion like it says in the handbook then and i quote "go for a 2hr drive!!!!!!!!"

the siren wont charge unless the engine is run for 2hrs non stop after its been turned off if its flat...!