ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 16v induction

is there any way to make the standard air filter work better?

if i re routed the bit of hosing that sucks air in, from behind the headlight, to somewhere where it can directly "suck in" colder air, would it work better?

cheers

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

What?

You best not be calling me that.

What was wrong with the reply? if you wanted to do something why ask.

You could drill more holes in the air box and add cold air feeds, but it really aint gonna do a thing! If you want noise get an induction kit. If you want more power (Which is unlikly!!!) stick with the standard air box and get a replacement filter!

Hope that helps!

i have the ktec relocation kit, its all very good...but after spending 130quid, i question wether its really worth it. Dosent really make that much of a sound difference....130 quid could be spent elsewhere

What would be better?

A pipercross viper on a 1.2 16v OR

A K-Tec relocation pipe and an air filter (and which one?)

Thanks!

Ive used BMC CDA on the 1.2 16v, collecting ar from above the radiator - for that youll need to remove that plastic on the top of the rad. But I live in Portugal and it doesnt rain that much, so be careful because theres always the possibility of water going in!

A dyno run reported 2bhp and 3NM gain, but since the engine gets pressured air from the front, at speeds above 130kmh (~80mph) the engine revs faster, and top speed benefits from it too!

From all the things Ive tried to improve this engines performance, a good induction kit is by far the best that money can buy.

BTW, fuel consumption also drops a bit!

On a more personal note, I think you guys should spend your posts trying to help people, not waging wars. My .02€

*edit* Forgot to mention: theres no way youll gain performance by reworking the original box, much less by simply changing the filter, the way to do it its to get rid of the whole thing.

I had mine dynod before and after my viper. the viper gave an increase of 3-5bhp in the midrange. Gave same max power as the standard filter thou.