ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 16v good MPG ?

Clio 1.2 dynamique
my 1.2 dynamique did 32 when i got it (unseen from auction for £410) after fixing many problems and a good service it now does 42.7 :)

​its standard apart from lowered 60mm

9a3e5a3u.jpg

Did this from Manchester - Lakes - Manchester. A nice steady 65mph average.

320d
I used to get about 2 mpg better in my 1.2 16v than I did in the ph1 172 that replaced it. Small n/a petrol engines are terrible. They're gutless, sound like a bag on nails and not even very good on fuel.

I'd have a DCI all day long. My Ibiza has the 1.6 CR TDI 105 bhp engine in it and it averages 60 mpg on a true mixed cycle. Half city driving (B'ham so bad traffic) and half motorway. If I stick to 70 mph on the motorway over a long run it will do about 70 mpg on the computer. So it may be a little slow, but at least it makes up for it by being good on fuel.

Focus st170
I can get around 49mpg out of my 1.2 if I drive like a granny. That's with a k&n induction kit and a sports cat and 182 style exhaust. If I put my foot down it can go a little low...
46CE43AA-C57E-433A-9DB7-3F9589454A1D-2778-00000333B1FD3232_zps9d668392.jpg

Sorry for the crap pik but yep that's 14mpg lol

I can get around 49mpg out of my 1.2 if I drive like a granny. That's with a k&n induction kit and a sports cat and 182 style exhaust. If I put my foot down it can go a little low...

Sorry for the crap pik but yep that's 14mpg lol

Haha btw which sports cat are you running ? (is it the K-tec one)

Focus st170
It's a 200 cell cat made by pro speed. They made it along with a 182 style exhaust. my original cat decided to empty it's self into a k-tec exhaust I had. Was cheaper to get a 200 cell cat made then buying a new standard cat lol