ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

05 Reg Renault Clio Sport 182 Cup. Low Mileage.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  ClioSport 182 Cup
I appreciate all points of view. The car drives like new. Really smooth gear changes and it really pulls. In my honest opinion I would not be suprised if the belts have been changed back in 2008 but i will make sure because if they have.....like you good people say, it will go in my favour.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  ClioSport 182 Cup
Result. The belts were actually changed in 2008 at 36000 miles. Does NOT need to be replaced until 7200 miles :approve:. Get in! It says so in my service history booklet. check, check & check again.

FatRS

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
5   0   0
  Megane 250
Result. The belts were actually changed in 2008 at 36000 miles. Does NOT need to be replaced until 7200 miles :approve:. Get in! It says so in my service history booklet. check, check & check again.
Good news. Now I suggest amending your post on here and in the for sale section and making this prominent. That is probably the cars biggest, if not one of its biggest selling points. Good luck with the sale. :)

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  ClioSport 182 Cup
The car was covered by warranty and its recommended to change both at the same time ......and they was BOTH changed

Trader Rating - 100%
17   0   0
  Megane 225 F1
Right. It's simple. Cambelt needs to be changed every 5 years or 72k miles WHICH EVER COMES FIRST.

To ignore this and sell a car without the belts being changed and claiming "they looked ok so I didn't change the belts" is irresponsible and to be honest makes you a bit of a dick.

I don't see why some people struggle to understand how important the cambelt is.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  ClioSport 182 Cup
Listen buddy....im all for listening to advice but theres no need for that! The service history is complete. The car is mint. FACT

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All in the service history and 36k is the time it should be done :banghead:

You do realise a Aux belt and Cambelt are 2 completely different things which have different service intervals.

This thread is ridculous, good luck with your sale.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Jordi is the most retarded human being on this planet. I hope his cambelt snaps and destroys his car.

Your belts are overdue and your car is overpriced. FACT.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I don't care if yours have been done. Your giving somebody advice that could potentially destroy their engine. You clearly have no idea what you are talking about so don't say anything at all.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Dirty MK5 Golf.....
Hi mate id take everybodys advice on here.... I got tucked up on a 52plate 172 (head gasket) off a garage. If the good pple on here had not told me my rights id still be putting a new engine in it now as it happens i got all my £££ bk lol

DB.

Trader Rating - 100%
4   0   0
  BMW 440i
Still priced too high but hey.

Have you got a picture of the receipt/service book showing what has been changed and the invoice?

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  ClioSport 182 Cup
I agree. Without this site I would never have known to check certain things. I'm just glad it's upto date so I can continue with a sale. Thanks for the comments :D

Last edited:
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  AB182, Audi A5 3.0
If both the belts have been done (and not just the aux belt), then the car looks a much better deal at £3700 :)

The only thing I would worry about is if the cam belt was actually changed at 36000 miles or if it was just a check. The Aux belt needs to be changed at 36000 miles as it can slip under the cam belt and if it snaps it can cause real damage to the engine, hence why they would have changed that. However, its hard to see why they would have changed the cam belt in 2008 with only 36000 miles and 2 years left on the timeframe... You have a very good garage if they did! Make sure you have this paperwork in order for when someone comes and see's the car as it is a big selling point, its the make or brake of most 182 sales.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  F56 MINI Cooper S
Lol at Jordi, what an ill-knowledged f**king r****d. Dont ever give advice on here again!

It's amazing you can even wake yourself up in the morning!

god sake, i wasnt giving advice, just some input, if its done BELOW 72k, by a fair margin its not the be all and end all. yes ideally they would need to be changed but if they havnt its no the end of the world, they still have 20k plus left in them!!!

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Civic Type R
god sake, i wasnt giving advice, just some input, if its done BELOW 72k, by a fair margin its not the be all and end all. yes ideally they would need to be changed but if they havnt its no the end of the world, they still have 20k plus left in them!!!

Lol 5 years or 72k, it might have miles left in it.. But the years have run out...

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
35   0   0
  VW Golf GTD

They don't because they are past 5 years. Rubber deteriorates from just being outside, not just from wear.

Trader Rating - 96.7%
29   1   0
  RS6 C7
:banghead:

Trader Rating - 100%
36   0   0

Shhhhhh!

Honda removed the timing chain from the service at 72k as they were changing them and finding nothing wrong. They now say they should last the life of the engine.

Do they stretch? Yes, and that's a proper thick chain.

Rubber will easily perish.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0

Seriously? Wtf is wrong with you? How you ever remember to breathe is beyond me.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  disco 4, 182, Meglio

just lol

Did i hear a rumour of an IQ test for new members?

Trader Rating - 100%
5   0   0
  Titanium 182
Have you got an invoice for the belt change? What was the total cost of parts/labour? Better yet, call up the garage with the invoice number and ask them what work was carried out. Without a belt change it's worth less, much less. If it's had BOTH belts changed then you might get closer to what you're asking.

As said, you may have just had the AUX belt changed and not the cambelt. We're not trying to belittle you here, everyone is genuinely trying to help you sell the car for what it's worth it would seem!

Lozza-p

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  BG FF 182

OH MY!!! REALLY?:headno:

Trader Rating - 100%
6   0   0
If you have receipts proving BOTH belts were changed then your car looks like a good deal to me mate. I recently bought one similar for 3850 which had proof of belts being done at Renault. Without that I wouldn't have taken it.

Just because you have a stamp, that doesn't mean anything to a potential buyer who is slightly clued up. You need to make sure you have the invoice to prove it. If you haven't then I recommend chasing it up and getting one. This would really help you with a sale mate.

Don't assume that because one was done that the other was too.

Your car does look very mint and If I didn't have mine I would have been calling you up.

Trader Rating - 100%
7   0   0
  ITB BG 182
I feel that I might get some infractions by a admin/mod for this post?

Its on 55k, they arent due until 72k, you will get away without doing them yet, price seem sok
Or 5 years, think the OP has said hes had it for 6?

20k miles is alot of mileage to be fair, probs be ok to leave it for the time being
Will be ok to leave it if you have a spare £2k?

its NOT advice, just saying that its not the end of the world that they havnt been done, if the car was on 70 odd k then fair dos, but I think there is some leniancy there
72K or 5Years... No leniancy, not like the car will say "Oh go on then, I'll wait another year or 30k miles"

Even if they had 40k left in them, 5 years is 5 years kiddo.
Its not advice, just some facts.
FACT is, you my friend, make me look intelligent. And I am as daft as they get.

My belt was changed just before its 5 years, it only done 41k but when the belt was taken off it looked f**ked.

Flash Rides, take Jordi's advice and I very much doubt you'll sell that car to anyone with the slightest bit of knowledge on these cars at the price you want.
Also, IF and I hope your not stupid, dont listen to Jordi's advice. There are many threads on this forum of belts snapping with one or two saying they forgot to which it cost them more than double to repair.