ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

£1000 for 38bhp

Found a place that will do ECU, Inlet manifold and cam for £1000 +vat.

Is this worth it? Will take my 172 to 210 bhp.

Does this sound about right??

172 Cup

Thats a good price mate!! is that including parst and labour? what about vat and where is this place? 210bhp might be a little high guess though.

Paul

thats a good price assuming youre talking about the Grp N ECU, new inlet manifold, exhaust cam and all labour. Usually nearer the £1500 mark.

Are you getting it done by R-sport?

Nippy white cup

I think realistically thats a little high for the work you mentioned m8. Roamers is on TBs and is running just over that. IMO you would be looking nearer 190/195 bhp which is still pretty good.

Chris

Well 195bhp is a start I spose!

Done by Total Control Racing, they ran a couple of cars in the Clio Cup thingy and have won a few times.

Should be £1175 after vat, including labour and parts.

E55, KitCar & '85 Quattro

hmm

wot is that like on the front tyres tho? and wont the car b really twichy at high speeds wit that kind of power?

Its fairly twitchy now if I put my foot down, lots of torque steer but you have to take the rough with the smooth!

E55, KitCar & '85 Quattro

lol oh.

my 1.4 is quite good at high speed. im not saying its nethin like the 172s but wen ure accelerating hard and turn the wheel the steering gets mega heavy, and it just feels really good.
mind u, the galant stays the same (light has hell) but the 330i has a sports sus and is near perfect handling at ne speeds.

[Edited by S2 PTH on 06 May 2004 at 5:15pm]

Power wont affect high speed handling.

And 210bhp is too high for just manifold work.

What management mods would they do?