ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 wishbones

05 clio 182
Hi everyone , i am struggling to find good quality wishbones for my 05 182 . Does anyone know where I could find some ? I have tried RPD and ktec but both are out of stock . Also it has the cup packs so are the wishbones, ball joints , track rod ends , hub etc the same as a non cup pack model ?
Many thanks Sam .

Attachments

• IMG_0488.jpeg
    IMG_0488.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 17

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
I believe the wishbones are NLA from Renault.I would say your best best at this point is probably to have the wishbones off the car, blasted, bushes removed, painted/powder coated and new bushes pressed back in.

The ball join is still available on its own and there are lots of alternative suppliers (good) for the joint.

You can also buy aftermarket wishbones but their quality seems very hit and miss. No difference between cup/non cup lower arms afaik but that is only true for the 182!

05 clio 182
Thank you ,I was toying with the idea of having them blasted and powder coated but I think they’re too corroded I don’t know how much would be left after blasting 😂.
We have owned the car from new and they have never been changed.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
As Rob said, all 182's had the wishbones with the extra caster.

You're better off having yours blasted, having owned from new at least you know they're straight and true.

05 clio 182
I think that’s the way I will go then , I’ll get them off and blasted then go from there . With regards to the bush replacement are these still readily available ?

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
I got the last driver's side genuine wishbone. It came from Poland via Kev at Kam Racing. 2 years ago now. As above, refurbish your originals.
I also may have one tucked away, impulse buy at a ridiculous price in 2022, certainly one of the last. Should pick up a NSF before they're NLA too really.
Definitely worth refurbing the ones you've got if they're straight as above.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I think that’s the way I will go then , I’ll get them off and blasted then go from there . With regards to the bush replacement are these still readily available ?
If you need your car on the road Sam, I know someone who is breaking a black gold 182 with no visible signs (from the pictures I've seen) of impact damage.

Just an option to leave yours on for now - nab those off this car and get them prepped and fitted with new bushes perhaps?

05 clio 182
f you need your car on the road Sam, I know someone who is breaking a black gold 182 with no visible signs (from the pictures I've seen) of impact damage.

Just an option to leave yours on for now - nab those off this car and get them prepped and fitted with new bushes perhaps?
Luckily I don’t need the car on the road it just sits in the garage waiting to get driven which isn’t as often as I’d like , it might be handy go get a spare set if they’re genuine and straight but I don’t suppose that’s easy to tell if second hand ?

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
Luckily I don’t need the car on the road it just sits in the garage waiting to get driven which isn’t as often as I’d like , it might be handy go get a spare set if they’re genuine and straight but I don’t suppose that’s easy to tell if second hand ?
The problem with these old cars is that it's hard to know if the parts are authentic. You can either trust the seller or refurbish your own, assuming those parts are genuine too. It's a gamble.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Refurbing your own set could be done over a weekend with a wirewheel drill attachment, some Bilt Hamber DEOX-C to soak them in a bucket over night and then sprayed up or powdercoated.

05 clio 182
I think I’ll definitely go down the refurb route as I know the ones on the car are genuine as we’ve had the car from new . I’m also in the bodyshop trade as a painter so stripping and rebuilding/ painting isn’t a problem.
Thanks for the help 👍🏻