ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Zaino

Hello all, first post on cliosport.net.

Any one use Zaino products here? It is rather pricey and can be time consuming but the results beet any thing else on the market for the same price IMO.

I have not had the Clio long and will add a few more layers of Zaino at the weekend and show you the results soon.

Chris

My old S2k with Zaino applied.

http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?act=module&module=gallery&cmd=viewimage&img=427330http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?act=module&module=gallery&cmd=viewimage&img=364461&md=1

Mondeo STTDCI
I use the Grand Finale. Its very, very good and would be better if I still had the layer of Zaino I first had put on the car.

Mito Sportiva 135
Look shiny but hard to see what the paint itself looks like - shine isn't everything in my opinion. Although it might give the depth too, I just can't see! :dapprove:

Look shiny but hard to see what the paint itself looks like - shine isn't everything in my opinion. Although it might give the depth too, I just can't see! :dapprove:

Totally Agree,

Zaino is a polish you layer, ideally using 2 different polishes, one acts as a swirl filler and polish, the other adds extra shine and depth, sort of gives the car a wet look!

Mito Sportiva 135

Totally Agree,

Zaino is a polish you layer, ideally using 2 different polishes, one acts as a swirl filler and polish, the other adds extra shine and depth, sort of gives the car a wet look!

So it's a two stage system then basically? Never used any of the Zaino stuff myself, I think Rich said he used the leather conditioner?

106 GTi
Brazo is the man on here for it. He ius going to Z my 182 for me in the next few weeks.

Even the one with fillers does not really fill, needs the surface to be polished to prefection before application. Leaves an optically clear finish.

The CTR here has it applied:

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=225633

Very durable, though lacks the warm look you get from a Carnub, but that is easily sorted by topping it with a wax, just don't tell Brazo.

There Leather conditioner is spot on.

So it's a two stage system then basically? Never used any of the Zaino stuff myself, I think Rich said he used the leather conditioner?

Its a bit more complicated than that I'm sorry to say, it took me a while to get my head round it. Basically to apply you need to:

Wash with washing up liquid
Clay Z-18
Wash again Z-7
Apply Z-5
Then Z-8
Then Z-2
Then Z-8
repeat as many times as you like.

Sounds easy but it gets more complicated/confusing the more you look at the products and the product codes (Z-5, Z-8, etc etc)

Mito Sportiva 135
Its a bit more complicated than that I'm sorry to say, it took me a while to get my head round it. Basically to apply you need to:

Wash with washing up liquid
Clay Z-18
Wash again Z-7
Apply Z-5
Then Z-8
Then Z-2
Then Z-8
repeat as many times as you like.

Sounds easy but it gets more complicated/confusing the more you look at the products and the product codes (Z-5, Z-8, etc etc)

Hmmm.... think I will stick to my current products then. Why would you go to Z8, Z2 then Z8 again though? Don't know what these products do but seems a strange logic.

Plus "wash with washing up liquid" REALLY?!?!? I would NEVER use that to wash a car, surely a good shampoo would be better?

Hmmm.... think I will stick to my current products then. Why would you go to Z8, Z2 then Z8 again though? Don't know what these products do but seems a strange logic.

Plus "wash with washing up liquid" REALLY?!?!? I would NEVER use that to wash a car, surely a good shampoo would be better?

Z8 is a quick detailer, it adds more shine, depth to the finish. Its also the best anti-static I know of, great for all you P21s users.

Using washing up liquid is the initial stage of preparing your car for polishing, it will remove any old polish or wax from your car. Personally if your doing average milage I would suggest washing your car with washing up liquid and then claying every 6 months.

Obviously, I would not use washing up liquid unless I'm going to clay the car.

But you can get much better shampoos that remove waxes... and the clay does that anyway...

???
Not sure on that one mate, I thought the Idea of a car shampoo was to clean the car whilst keeping the polish on the car? There may be specific shampoos designed to remove all old polish from the car but I don't know of any. TBH I think Washing up liquid is a guarentee to strip all the old and I'm sure it would be a much cheaper option.

The clay is used to strip contaminants from the body work, although i'm sure it will remove the old polish thats not what its designed for.

Can you post what shampoos can strip polish from your car, I would be interested to know.

Thanks

Mito Sportiva 135
Something like the Citrus Wash from here would do the job:

http://www.carwashnwax.co.uk/

But my point is that if you are claying the car that will remove polish and wax (as long as you don't use the Sonus Green clay - although even that does a bit).

106 GTi
Klasse AIO and a wipe down with a alcohol and water mix will remove the need to wash with fairy.

No washing up liquid is going near mine before the Zaino.