ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

xenons broke (ish)

t3 corolla 116bhp
hi

got myself a set of xenons and when delivered they werent in the shape they "left". basically, all the interior clips whic hold the silver interor lens cluster in place, have popped off and i cant get them back on. plus, on one headlight, one of these fixtures broke in transit but i do still have the pieces. so what im lookin to know is, can i fix the good one without wrecking the light and would there be any use in gluing the other one and then try and reattach the fixtures???

please help............

i'll try and post pics later

jonny

t3 corolla 116bhp
there seems to be the manual levelling mechanism and also a motorsied looking one near the bottom which may be the one attached to the adjustable dial near the steering wheel?

Mercedes AMG GLE 53
Ah right. Not sure if they work the same as 172/182 because 172/182 are auto levelling dependant on load. Anyway get some pics up and we should be able to help you better.

The other thing is have they got the starter packs on the bottom

t3 corolla 116bhp
this is a pic of Blooors xenon in the forsale thread so ive borrowed it to illustrate as im at work lol

xenon.gif

A+B have 2 plastic projections on the inside of the unit which attach onto the lens/reflector cluster.

The X marks a small black plastic projection which attatches to a clip on the lens/reflector to hold it in place. on one light, these clips are all intact, just disconnected. on the other, the one marked at A is broken but i do have the broken bits

ta

clio sport 172, 2002
i had my 172 for half hour and bumped it to a car door and broke my xenon lamp on the drivers side, whet on partsgetaways.com and got one for 99pound, when i got it i had the same problem, so i cut open the back just so i could take every thing out and glue and mod all the brackets, good as new now :) just make sure its sealed back up well though, lol

I have just got my xenons in the post and royal fail have had a boxing match with mine. popped all sort of bit so i went downs the scrap yard and got all the required bits out of a normal headlight and swapped them all over.
so now it is all back together apart from the one you labelled X on your pic. For the life of me I can't get it to pop back on. tried warming it, oiling it, everthing. Any suggestions.

clio sport 172, 2002
re; fearless

take both bulbs out of the unit, and ur fingers in the the holes that left and pull towards u, coz its like a ball joint just need poping back in.

this is how i did it,