ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

WWDC 2014

Yosemite looks real sweet and seems stable so far. I can't install it on my MBP though as I've read that vmware isn't currently working :(

Oh hai me x

In response to myself above, I've installed 10.10 Yosemite (DP2) on a USB 3.0 stick so I can use it in Retina on my MBP. Absolutely stunning looking operating system. It's a bit sluggish booting from USB, but once rolling, and all necessary apps are in system memory, it's pretty sweet. A fair few spinning beach balls from time to time, but I kind of expected that considering where it's installed. Visually it makes Mavericks look like Windows 95.

Superb. Really freshens up any Mac.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Me too but I put it in a 50gb partition. Love the look hate the system font.

Yeah it's a bit jarring, but I'm warming to it.

EDIT: Seems to be noticeably more speedy now. I wonder if Spotlight was consuming 'disc' resources.

Last edited:
Continuing to enjoy 10.10

I now have it running on a partition on the MBP and performance over USB is monumentally improved. I'm led to believe that VMware Fusion 6.0.4 now runs under Yosemite, so I could in theory use it as my regular operating system, but being a business critical machine, I think I'll wait for the public release to be proven stable.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
The beta program is now open (For the first 1 million folk) to the general public for those that haven't already got the developer links.

Just thought I'd say for those that are interested.

Yeah, how does that work? I signed up for the beta the other day.

Do you just get a link to download or does it appear as a software update or some ting?

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
You're meant to get a code emailed. I'd not received the email so I signed into the OS X Beta Program website and got the code through there. Just backing up whilst downloading then will give it an install.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Yeah, you need to go back to the Beta sign up page, log in if you have already registered and it'll give you a code.

I'm downloading it onto our MacBook Air that doesn't really get used all that much.

DB.

BMW 440i
Any idea on the next conference date that the new iphone could potentially be released on?

SQ5
Probably September/October. I've not seen any dates released of the conference yet and IGN are usually quite good.

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
I tried to second early build on my MBP and it was terrible, nothing worked, tooks hours to restore to 10.9, but the public beta seems much better

If you're running it as a guest on a VMware virtual machine, then no wonder you're not happy with the performance. Lol. Last time I tried it, hardware acceleration wasn't supported. It ran like a dog and didn't even have transparencies. There has however been an update to VMware fusion, but as far as I know it was related to running Fusion on a host 10.10 system.

Rav4
If you're running it as a guest on a VMware virtual machine, then no wonder you're not happy with the performance. Lol. Last time I tried it, hardware acceleration wasn't supported. It ran like a dog and didn't even have transparencies. There has however been an update to VMware fusion, but as far as I know it was related to running Fusion on a host 10.10 system.

Don't be silly ;)

With the fusion preview and the latest drivers it should be fine.

There are many instances when vm's run just as good or if not better as a VM.

Nevertheless, being a beta I fully understand the code is neither properly optimised and or finalised throughout.

I just didn't have the balls to install it as my main OS as there is a risk that a lot of things may not work :)

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
I've installed it as my main OS, regret it slightly but the bugs are negligible for the usage I give it.

There are many instances when vm's run just as good or if not better as a VM.

I'm aware of this, but 10.10 in Fusion was not one of these instances. I haven't tried it recently because I'm natively running Yosemite now on both my Macs, albeit on a partition on my business machine.