ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Work Email on iPhone & Storage?

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
So I've got my work email account connected to my phone, works really well so happy days.

However I don't really have many photos, and no stored music yet my storage is nearly full. Starting to think this may be due to emails downloaded onto my phone? Are there any settings where I can ignore mail boxes, or 'undownload' them?!

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
You can change the mail days it can sync in the mail account settings, to say 2 weeks, 1 month etc. The only issue with this is if you’re searching for an old email on your phone you won’t be able to find it.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
You can change the mail days it can sync in the mail account settings, to say 2 weeks, 1 month etc. The only issue with this is if you’re searching for an old email on your phone you won’t be able to find it.

Yeah that's the problem, if it had 1 or 2 years it would be perfect but doesn't go out that far!

Settings > General > iPhone Storage. Will show you whats taking up space.

Yeah I know, but I just have a huge grey bar that says 'other', the only thing I can put it down to is work emails.
I've just been through and deleted about 12k emails and it's knocked about 6gig off so getting somewhere slowly...plus got a dropbox now so put loads of old videos and pictures on there.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Email doesn’t use space does it? As it’s all online.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
7D73B1C6-4431-4E95-A027-938D3CE27708.png

13 years of emails lol.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Yeah I have now mate.
Although just tried to do a reset by holding home & power button but nothing happens, am I doing it wrong?!

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Just the phone in general, like a refresh? It says hold the home & power button in and the apple logo will appear?
Read on some website it might help clear some un needed data and free up a bit more space.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Just the phone in general, like a refresh? It says hold the home & power button in and the apple logo will appear?
Read on some website it might help clear some un needed data and free up a bit more space.

In days of old, like 5 years ago+ used to be a way of resetting your phone if it crashes doing that. But not heard anyone do it for years! Just turn it on and off again. Be fine.

Reactions: Pep