ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wide-angle Lens Help

Nickw88

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW F82 M4
Here's hoping someone can help me out and point me in the right direction.

I dabble with a bit of photography although I'll openly admit I'm not particularly good and not hugely knowledgeable either although I have a good grasp of the basics.

This is the camera I have.

myzatuge.jpg

It's only quite basic but it does the job at the moment and still takes pretty good shots tbf.

Anyway, I've just taken over as director of an estate agents and one of my bug bears is how bad their photography has been. I want a good quality wide angle lens but after trying to research with google I've just over complicated matters I think.

I already have a flash sorted so my ideal option would be to purchase a lens for my current camera although I know I may be limited on choice. The other option is a while new kit but that'll be much more costly and would rather avoid that if possible.

Can anyone suggest something suitable?

Thank you in advance.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
as above really, I have this lens and its very capable, only thing I would be wary of is the distortion at the wide end, if your doing architectural stuff and interiors for an estate agents be careful how wide you go and ensure you have some decent correction software if you really have to go mega wide. use it at 16mm and above though and all gravy :)

Nickw88

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW F82 M4
Thanks very much for that guys, first impressions seem good but I'll have a proper look when on the laptop tonight.

I'll mainly be going standard interior photography, nothing outlandish so doesn't need to be super wide. Plus we have to adhere to standards so can't be too wide anyway. I'm not too shabby on Photoshop so I'm sure I could smooth things out if there's any distortion.