ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wheel bolt thread size?????

172 cup
Hi guys do any of you know if the thread size???

I know its M12 but by 1.25 ,1.5 ,1.75 ??

I think it's 1.5 but need to know before i get them.

e92 330i
Some people say it's ok, personally for the price of bolts I wouldn't. As it happends I have some 5mm eibach spacers for sale with longer bolts if your interested (bad sales pun over)

e92 330i
24mm should be fine. But you can buy the right ones from halfords. Acctually (here we go) I have some standard locking wheel bolts for sale mate, pm me, they are mcguard too!

Tigger ring demon tweaks, they do 33mm locking bolts which are good for 5-10mm spacers, not cheap though.

Clio Trophy 463
You will be fine with an extra 1 or 2 mm. It won't bottom out but will start rubbing on the hub when it goes all the way through the flange. Wind a bolt in without a wheel on and see how much sticks out, don't forget to spin it round and check it doesn't catch anywhere.

e92 330i
you wont need longer bolts with 5mm spacers tbh. any higher and you will.

If you already had then bolt the wheel on and spin while in the air, listen for any resistance/rubbing

e92 330i
Hi guys, i'm getting 20mm spacers for my mk2 1.2 clio lowered at 60mm.

What size wheel bolts would be good for these?

Id be getting the bolt to hub type mate for 20mm

carparts4less.co.uk are £67 with CP10LESS discount code. Thats all you need rather then using longer bolts.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
24mm is standard. Why risk a bolt snapping and a crash for the sake of a few quid on proportionally longer bolts.