ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wheel Bearings - 172

jack the car up and put it on axle stands start the car put it in top gear and take the speedo upto 60 or 70 and take it out of gear and switch the engine off you will hear a loud dronning noise from whichever side is worn , deppending on which side is worn you should be able to drive and listen for it, I.E . if the left bearings away its noisy on right hand turns. right bearing is noisy on left hand turns .

brian

EvoVIII, Gsxr, BMW M3

Just got mine changed today, I left it so long to get it fixed everytime I drove my car I got a headache cause the noise was SO loud. Anyway....what brian said :p.

Ah rite, think im ok then

Reason for me asking is when i got my new tyres fitted today... With the car jacked up, grabbed the front wheel and rotated it left and right, when i changed the direction i was turning it, there was a click/bang... thought it might be the bearing.

Maybe it was just the brake pads rubbing on the disc.

Thanks all.