ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

wheel alignment after 182 coilovers

clio 200 F4Rt

plan on fitting my 182 GAZ coilovers myself.

will i need to get wheel alignment etc etc done after fitting them? or do they not offer that much adjustability?

cheers

I will be getting my GAZ coilovers for 182 in the next couple of weeks.

I think I will pay to get them installed and setup professionally which would be alignment and corner weighting.

Not sure if it is worth it but it is a performance mod and I want to get the best out of them.

cock mobile.

Is wheel alignment worth it? As soon as you hit a bump or anything its gonna knock it all out and need redone again?

Or maybe Im just well off the mark! :sleep:

I think wheel alignment is not adjusted via the suspension itself but you will need to adjust toe in toe out of the front wheels or camber. Not 100% on this im sure someone else will be able to confirm. This is checked when you have tyres fitted usually and adjusted by the tyre fitter if it is out.

Corner weighting is to do with the amount of pressure or weight a wheel is exerting on the ground. Hence the name! I think to adjust this the height of the suspension relative to the other corners is moved up or down. Again this is how I understand it, not 100%.

So for corner weighting you could have it setup for just the driver in the car which would normally be unsettling the car on one side.

182>FRS>VX220 now 350Z

A big bump would probably put alignment out but its still necessary to have it done. Making sure the wheels toe alignment is spot on ensures good turn in and will prevent excessive tyre wear.