ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What watt speakers

Ive got a stealf shelf with some 6X9s in, but i dont think they are good enough. My headunit is 4X45 so what watt speakers should i have, to get the most out of the headunit?

Some recommended makes and models will also be apreciated.

Cheers Phil

chances are mate they are good enough but theyre not getting the power throught them that they need. Have you got an amp, if not mate try running your 6x9s through an amp and you will hear a difference. then on to subs etc etc.....

Never use 6x9s with subs unless they are in the rear quarters well out of the way of the sub air movement. a round speaker design is always the best to go for.

You could definately do with geting an amp for your speakers as headunits dont put out as much power as they say. a 4x45watt amp will probably output around 4x12watts RMS which isnt enough to power..well anything really!!

An amp will also give you better bass and treble and far better sound quality with less distortion.

Russ