ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What to buy

Hi,

I dont know whether to get a brand new Clio Extreme 1.2 or a 2nd hand Dynamique 1.2

There not a lot in it is there? They both got alloys and both look sporty in "that way". The Dynamique does have 2 more airbags (side impact) though and also a split folding rear seat and leather gear knob. The last two dont really make it worth spending loads more though?

A dealer has offered a pretty good deal on an Extreme with Aircon, but I cant really afford a brand new Dynamique - so would be looking at one with say 5 or 10,000 miles on the clock.

I suppose what Im asking is, what is the better car? Is there anything seriously good that i will be missing if i buy an Extreme?

Also what about sound systems? I like my music (though i wont ever go as far as installing sub and amps in my boot!!), does the Extremes 2x15W speakers provide enough sound or should I really be looking for a car with the 4x22W speaker package.

Also I have an Ipod Shuffle, do the Clios have any port I can plug this into? Even just a Line-in port (not USB?) would be good. If not ill have to get one of them illegal FM radio things.

PS: im not a boy racer or anything hence 1.2 engine. I just want a decent car that looks pretty sporty as standard. I wont be making any mods to it at all.

Thanks alot!

Oh the dealer said the Extreme hes offering has a CD player too, so that must mean its had the speaker package upgrade, so 4x22W speakers?

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine

If money is an issue then get a 1 year old car with all the bits you want e.g. the air con, airbags. Therefore youre saving money on the depreciation whilst still getting a car with two years warranty. Bits like speakers and gearknobs etc can be cheaply and easily changed if you dont like them.

Dont know about the head unit but my guess is that it wouldnt have an input for an ipod. Might be wrong tho...

Also try looking elsewhere other than Renault main dealers as youll get a better price.

Renault Laguna Coupe

Renault are letting new Clios go for silly prices at the moment because the new Clio comes out in a couple of months time. Drive them hard on price for a new Extreme and you could get a very good deal indeed.

I figured thats why they were cutting the prices so much.

I would like to buy from a authorised dealer as it means I get a good warranty and all that. Though if i find a really mint Dynamique in private ads with less than 10k miles and 18 months warranty left I will seriously consider it.

Yeah, the renault website confused me when it said "Without height adjustable front head rests"

nevermind :)

Na way man ;) Cant afford to run a car like that, petrol/insurance and all that.

1.2 engine suits me fine.

Ive bought one now anyway :p Clio Extreme 4 with Chill Pack (Cd player and Aircon) Itll be arriving early October.

Its also black, which i think is a great colour for this car!

I know i will lose alot as soon as I drive it out the dealership but I need the warranty since it is an A-B daily grind car for me.