ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

what should I be asking for an RSi

I am selling my car and looking at the prices others are asking mine seems to be reasonable.

Heres the specs:

1993(L) Clio RSi 1.8 blue, 102k, 6 months tax and MOT, sportex exhaust, original alloys, cat1 alarm & immobiliser. MP3 cd player, PAS, EW, ESR, RCL, FSH.

looking around mine is at the cheap end of the scale at £1100, but ive had no interest. The parkers guide says its worth about £500 :eek: but the cheapest end of the scale on autotrader is around £1200-1300. Any tips? I need a quick sale and this is the first time I have sold a car, ive always part exchanged mine before.

Cheers

Er, ive always found parkers prices to be higher than realistically what people will pay. Stick with autotrader to sell it, ive never not sold a car with them, but reduce the price. Obviously the cheaper it is the quicker itll sell. My last car i advertised a grand under the parkers price coz i wanted to sell it within a week

I was thinking of dropping the price. I wasnt sure if that would work so good, dont people thing its a crap heap if its too cheap?

As long as I get £850 for it Ill be happy. It currently in my local papers and free car mag. I havent put it on auto trader.

I actually have a week to sell the car.

There is also a couple of valvers, same year as mine, for £1900 and £2000 in the same paper. Mine seems pretty cheap compaired to the competition.

To be honest i dont know how much they go for , but if thats the price you want, id stick it in the trader for either £995 ono or £850 no offers. Dont reckon people think a cars crap coz its cheap. Youll always get someone lookin for a bargain. Might be pushin it for a week though m8

Mk2 Ph1, 1.6 16v Clio

Yeah, Sometimes Ive had an ad in for a while with no interest and then put it in the next edition at same price and got lots of calls...its just luck sometimes that someone in your area is looking for one of those cars on that particular week. Try putting it on at like £950 - £999 but if it is a lot less than what you want then say NO OFFERS or whatever.... if its a mint car then youll get ur price if its reasonable.

Ill try lowering it to £950 and see if that works. Im moving out of the country in just over a week so if I dont sell it ill have to leave it with someone to sell on my behalf.

Would have been advertised sooner but I was getting some spraying done to cover a scratch. The body shop did a terrible job so i had to wait an extra week while they fixed the problem. Then they screwed my ad up first time and it didnt go in till a week late. 2 weeks of selling time wasted!

I dont think my car wants to be sold, maybe I looked after her too well and she doesnt want to have a new owner who may abuse her :D

Quote: Originally posted by Rob555 on 31 March 2005
Where you off to??

Canada, Vancouver, then planning on headding to oz, I have a 1 year visa for both countries so Im just going to see what happens, cant wait.

If I dont sell my car its going to thow my budget off a little. Although its not going to be a trip stopper. Just means Ill have to pay my credit card off after it sells rather than before I go like I was planning.