ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

what products for basic shine and protect.

www.renparts.co.uk
Right can someone tell me if this is any good..

Wash with auto glym mixed with frauds car shampoo

Clay

Auto glym S Resin polish

AG super gloss protection

Megiars step 3 carnabuna (spelt wrong i think) wax.

Or for the usual monthly process the same but without the clay....

All products applied with megs applicator sponge disc things and removed with polishing cloth.

except wax and ultra gloss which are removed with halfrauds own obrital....

any recommendations appreciated
thanks
josh

106 GTi
Sounds a good basic set up.

Clay twice a year.

Polish and Seal with AG Resin And Extra Gloss once every 3 months.

A coat of Megs Stage 3 Carnuba or twice a month depending how keen you are.

Weekly wash and maybe consider a quick detail spray for enhancing gloss and shine after a wash.

Golf GTI PP Mk7
i polish & wax everytime i wash the car, is this bad? i use AG Ultra Deep Shine + Meguires gold class wax.

MR2 2.0 N/A & Mk1 1.2Clio
^^ is that every week? ;) r jay as the resident cleaning expert what wax would you reccomend?

and wheres the best place to buy products like the above?

had a look on a few sites and not many seemed to stock the ag stuff

MK2 P1 1.4S
Do not polish your car every week, or else you will eventually go through the clearcoat! Polish it maybe once every 3 months like Jay said and seal it with a good synthetic sealant. Then you can wax it after every wash no problem.

if you really feel the need then waxing it wont do any harm however the polishing may not do it any favours depending on how aggressive the polish you are using is and how much you are working it in. If you want to wax every week you're better off with a natural wax with no cleaners in it.

106 GTi
lewisniven said:
i polish & wax everytime i wash the car, is this bad? i use AG Ultra Deep Shine + Meguires gold class wax.

Both are very mild proucts so ny hand you should be fine, no real need to do that everythi though.

There should be no need to polish a car every week like others have said. A dedent deep clean and polish should be fine every 3 -6 months. If your really keen a mild paint cleaner or polish could be used once a month, but it will be removing the sealant you have on there which is good for 2 or 3 months in most cases.

If you do want to apply something every week and pure wax or non abbrassive sealant will be fine.

jonesyx said:
r jay as the resident cleaning expert what wax would you reccomend?

and wheres the best place to buy products like the above?

had a look on a few sites and not many seemed to stock the ag stuff

I tend to throw another coat of wax on mine after washing as it doesnt take to look.

Look into, P21s. Nattys Wax, Meguiars #16

http://www.cleanandshiny.co.uk/

http://www.seriousperformance.co.uk/

From AG stuff, Halfords is fine.