ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What Oil

350z & 16v Maxi

What does everyone think is best out of these two for a 95 16v with 60,000 on the clock. It has always been run on Magnatec but mostly Mobil 1. This is because i couldnt get ELF stuff and the first owner used Magnatec. Mobil 1 is to thin.

ELF Excellium LDX 5w40 or

ELF Excellium 10w50

Cheers

Skoda Fabia vRS

you cant go wrong with either really mate

personally id probably go for the 5W-40......its got less of a range and therefore less viscosity additives, which is a good thing

it will also flow better in the cold than the 10W, and dont worry about it being a 40, even in a 16v

a 40 rated oil is what Porsche recommend so im pretty sure it will be fine in a 16v, in fact as far as im aware Porsche wont give there approval to any oil rated over 40, an im certain a Porsche engine gives its oil a fair bit more grief than a 16v engine does !

also it may have to be Total oil mate i get for you, as where i get it from doesnt seem to hold much stock of Elf stuff

it will be Total Quartz 9000, Adi has the 10W-50 Total in his 16v at the moment, which i sold him, but i can now get it at a nice price and hes havin some 5W-40 off me for the Williams engine he is stickin in

clio 20v

yeh the total ive got in at the min is good much better than wot i had in before much better pressure

dont know wot was in before as it was changed wen i bought the car but id been toppin it up with magnatec

brun is are resident oil expert, think hes got a slight oil fetish heh heh

adi

Skoda Fabia vRS

me either, oh an Colin, Mobil 1 is only thin at start up, which is good for oil circulation, once up to temp its pretty much the same viscosity as any other 40 rated oil