ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

what map? (please help, confused)

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Have a 15 minute run round, then let it idle for a few minutes. The limiter is set by coolant temp, not oil, as there isn't an oil temp sensor. That should see you on the warm map.

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah, to be fair, it already pulled pretty hard through mid range so I reckon it was running some sort of older version of the map.
Henk said I didn't need to run a .rst file so he must know it had it already. Just an updated calibration I think.

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
7500rpm ish in 2nd when warm. Sorted.
no need to take it up there anyway now I know. Cheers for all the help guys, I apologise for being a bit retarded at the start, just didn't want to break the ecu :)

can I do a backup of the ecu now though just so I have it on file?

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
right... Still confused!!!

took it out, let it warm up properly.
cold idle is 1100rpm
warm idle is 950rpm

rev limit in 2nd is 7250rpm
rev limit in 3rd is 7250rpm

top speed in 3rd is 95mph

Before I put this map on I was getting better figures than that, apart from the smoother idle.

The map is obviously installed so why am I still getting a standard limiter?

I have emailed Henk to ask him but he probably wont reply till Monday now.
Bit pissed off tbh as everyone rants on how good this is meant to be and cost me £160 new to make my car have a better idle?

cheers.

Idle looks right, it cold idles higher so its not as lumpy, warm is also higher (default is like 850 iirc).

I wouldn't be worried by rev limit, you don't really wanna hit over 7k all the time without uprating stuff really anyway, and as said you've already hit peak power, so no point going further :]

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
yeah I know. I'm just an anorak.
power is all there anyway. And the idle is nice. So I happy. Was just curious as to why some peoples go to 7.5

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
wp_ss_20150207_0001.png
I've never known anyone make this such hard work... :wink:

you are highly underestimating how bad I am with things like this :D

anyway, all sorted now. Done a log file and here is the readout on rpm in 3rd.