ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What is a power cap/ is it what I need

I am currently running 2 amps and a load of neons from my standard battery. They are an Alpine 2x140w max and a Sony 4x80w max. The amps are running a front pair of components and 2 pairs of rear 6x9s

At the moment power supply is fine.

But I am about to add another amp, probably a 2x300w max running 2 subs, as well as the following in the near future:

Power converter/Playstation
5.6" In car screen
M-Station in car mp3 player

What I am wondering is, after I have installed all this stuff, obviously power consumption is going to go way up, and how do I deal with this?

Do I need a bigger/better battery? A second battery? An uprated alternator? A power cap? (Dont really know what it does) Or a combination of these?

Also what is a split-charging system and would this benefit me?

Thanks for any help guys, and sorry for the amount of posts recently. -Ive got a week off Uni

a power cap is a device where it stores powere from ur battery and supplies it to ur amps when they most need it, saving draining the power from the battery.

hope this helps
delboy