ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

what fuel?

renaultsport clio 197 cup
since i got my 087 plate 197 cup ive had no trouble until now (2000miles).a light on dash intermittently flashed then car cut out.took it to dealer in dundee.they had a look and asked what fuel do i use.its unleaded obviously and the service dude said the car should only be run on v power.was never told this by salesman.
any info would help as ive got nearly a full tank of fuel to use and dont want to f#ck it any more

172 FF
Your car should run fine on normal unleaded. It may run a bit better on v.power but it shouldn't cut out just from using normal unleaded.
They are spinning the Renault bullsh*t as usual.

Some dealers will say just about anything to get rid of you & not have to do any warranty work.

the light is a picture of a gearbox and its the toxic fume filter system warning light.(w t f).

Good old Renault speaking b****cks as usual.

Lol :)

Go back in and say you've done research and that your car can be run on Normal premium unleaded and you want to know why the light keeps coming on. ;)

And if you get nowhere go in on a busy day and kick up s**t in the showroom preferably on front of new potential customers that are in looking to buy a car, say how bad there service is etc etc.

PH1 172 Sport
Its only recomended that its run on 98ron+ and although it should run fine on normal unleaded many people on here have noted that using lower octane fuels have made there toxic fume light come on.

On the other hand many people run the cars on normal unleaded with no problems.

clio 182 black /gold
I have run my 182 on normal unleaded for about 5 months now. A bit lummpy on idle but i have just put super unleaded in now.

cheers for the info chaps.will try changing fuel and see if its any better.if not ill take it back when busy then i shall proceed to lie in showroom floor andkick and shout till i get what i want.
ta