ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Weird gearbox and Rev counter not working

Clio Williams 2
Hi! I bought a clio Willaims 2 yesterday - dead chuffed with it!!
I need a bit of advice with the rev counter and gearbox. When I change from 2nd to 4th gear sometimes there is a bit of a crunch (not too bad), I'm sure the clutch is fully down - is the gearbox on the way out? If so - how much do they cost to replace?
Also the rev counter is a little shady. It ony reads 3,000rpm at a max but the engine is definitely above that - perhaps it;s sticking? Can I sort that myself (i'm no expert) or is it a case for the local garage? Again roughly how much should this be?
While i'm on the point the speedo does wobble at low speed, i've read this is a common fault though - easy to fix? This doesn't bother me that much, but the rev counter would be handy...
If I were to upgrade the front discs - where in London (or the South East) is good to do them and offer good parts.
Thanks in advance!!
Gregg