ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Waxybox QD sealant blind test results

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Hi all, thought I would share my opinions on the ' blind test ' QD sealant.

Smell- nice and pleasant
Ease ( application ) piece of cake , a little spray goes a long way. Wipe off is just as easy.

Duration- I've had it on my rear window for a week or so now and it's still keeping the dirt to a minimum.

Here's some pics of mine and the family's cars after a wipedown of this product.

The skoda is really bad paintwork wise , dull and Hardly no reflection yet this QD has put allot of gloss back.
edu6e8ud.jpg

Mums corsa showing no signs of fade yet after 3years. ( must be 2k paint not clear over base )

adaja9ep.jpg

And my piece of crap
atu3ujun.jpg

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
I was we'll impressed with that sealant when I used it last week. I'll buy some when they tell us what it's called lol

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Yeah I need a bottle, it's epic stuff, got an MG ZT in metallic racing green todo tommorow, going to use the stuff to give it a final wipedown

Yours came out a treat Ron!

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Yeah I was we'll surprised tbh. It's the first time I've used a sealant and I was gobsmacked at how glossy it came up.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
I honestly have no idea lol

I had polished and then used a glaze before putting the sealant on so I'm guessing there wasn't much (if any) wax left on mine anyway.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
I'm not sure it's a QD is it? I'm sure the instructions said not to use it as a QD because it doesn't have lubricants in it?

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
it says hybrid QD- sealant ...

i havent a clue lol. i certainly wouldnt use it with clay or anything as it contains sealants
" this product does not contain lubricants so dont use to wipe dirt or dust. "

its definatly for finishing off after a wash ect

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
I'll check but im sure there's a piece if paper in the box that said something about not using it to try and remove dust and dirt like you can with other qd's

Mines been alright as in its still beading and displacing water good like before

As YB says, that's the product's beading and sheeting properties, not your wax. Yet to try this, but with C2 on, don't see a need to. Although someone has said it blackens trim, so if so, I'll use it on that!