ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Water under rear seats solution.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
I've done..

Gromits near rear clusters
Clusters themselves
Rear Side Trims
Boot Seal
Gromit in Boot Well
Rear wiper washer jet.

What next?

I've never had any water in the boot well or the boot itself although the carpet top WAS wet, I can only assume its coming in somewhere near the rear windows and then going up/down hills has transferred it around...

Wierd thing is the passenger side seat was where the puddle was, yet it was the drivers side seat that was soaked?!

I HATE leaks - I will not rest till I've found it!

Suggestions?

PH1 172 Sport
Spolier would be next on my list. I had a leak that was filling the spare wheel well and it eventually turned out to be water getting under the boot seal that was causing it. So I siliconed the whole boot seal to the car and it hasn't leaked since.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Won't be either of those, water can't pool under the seat from the boot seal its defying gravity!

And I don't have passengers, I also can tell the smell of piss and this wasn't it :)

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
I've monitored the seals over the last few days and had no signs of anything - also I thought they were bonded in?

Magane II Dci
Hi i also get water where the spare wheel goes and under the back seat passenger side :S

Dont know where its coming from

H&R + Pole Position'd Cup
Is it not from the bolt holes that the isofix bar uses or the one in the centre of the rear bench?

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Is it not from the bolt holes that the isofix bar uses or the one in the centre of the rear bench?

Hmm if it was I'd assume that would only show up driving in wet weather? Can't get in if its standing on a drive.

Vee 6
What did you find ? Went out today and heard a rush of water when taking off ( Been sitting all week) It sounded like water running along a sill or box section ?

When i got back the rear floor where the rear seats go (mines stripped out ) had a duck pond on it !!!!!

330ci sport
I have exactly the same. Can't work it out, although it only appears when we get LOTS of rain, like now! Think the car is getting slightly damp inside though as the windscreen is misting up with water droplets on the inside overnight at the mo.

clio 172
What did you find ? Went out today and heard a rush of water when taking off ( Been sitting all week) It sounded like water running along a sill or box section ?

When i got back the rear floor where the rear seats go (mines stripped out ) had a duck pond on it !!!!!
dont no if u checked but theres 3 drainage holes along the sills quite small but my get blocked all the time AND i get duck ponds 2 lol
get a fork bend 1 of the pins and jab the holes like youve never jabbed be4 lol

Artic Blime 182
I have been having this problem for just over a month now but I have been to lazy to make time to fix it :(

I stripped the interior out last night and went for a drive in the rain and the water seems to be some how coming up through the bolts that hold the rear seat/bar down especially the middle one. (the bolts are in)

I am gonna try the chalk powder idea just to confirm it. But if I fix it I will let you know as I am getting the same symptoms as others on this thread.

clio172,nimbus 197
also noticed this i have stripped the rear and noticed water running through i see a trial coming from the left hand side so i think its the cluster leaking

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Just to update, where the clusters are there is two gromits, one per side - take them out for the night and cover them with black tape or something and see if its still doing it.

Thats where mine was leaking, I re-glued the gromits and all's been well for months.