ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

virgin or sky

Better than yours. C*nt.
What the hell are you going to do with 20Mbit internet? Bearing in mind I run 10Mbit symmetric fibre and I can't download at 10Mbit cos most of the sites on the net use QoS to make sure people don't 'hog' download capacity!

What the hell are you going to do with 20Mbit internet? Bearing in mind I run 10Mbit symmetric fibre and I can't download at 10Mbit cos most of the sites on the net use QoS to make sure people don't 'hog' download capacity!

Dude, he'll saturate a 20Mb Virgin line. Easy.. it only goes at 1Mb most of the time ;)

Their fair usage anyway is amongst the worst I've seen, ever. I worked out that you can only average 2Mb between certain hours anyway, Heh.

clio 172 cup
Dude, he'll saturate a 20Mb Virgin line. Easy.. it only goes at 1Mb most of the time ;)

Their fair usage anyway is amongst the worst I've seen, ever. I worked out that you can only average 2Mb between certain hours anyway, Heh.[/quote]

serious! they that bad?
i'll be on xbox live my lass will be downloading song nd stuff thought i'd need a gd connection for that.
so is the only channel i wont have is sky one?
no prison break:dapprove:

Mini Cooper S sport
I had NTL (Virgin) for a few years and they were CRAP. The internet connection was always dropping out, the TV channels were slow to change with the remote, the customer service was terrible and it was VERY expensive. My bills were £60-£70 a month for phone/TV/internet.

Now I have Sky with Sky broadband and it's £27 a month, phone is BT. Much better TV channels and the internet connection has never, ever dropped out (and it's 16 meg). Don't know what customer service is like as nothing's ever gone wrong!

As I already said I have the top Virgin package. I get 20mbit connection and have never tested it at anything less than about 18mbit. I dont sky one but I can live without it tbh, plenty of other channels with good content! I get unlimited landline calls. I have a normal box and a V+ box, and lets mention here that because I am not made to BUY the boxes, if they ever break I get them replaced for FREE!

Oh as for Sky being £40 cheaper, all I can say is you obviously have downgraded your package somewhat! I looked at sky recently and I couldnt get anything near equivalent for any less than we pay!

Not a Clio
I pay £46 a month for Sky Broadband Max (unlimited usage up to 16MB connection) and Sky TV (Movies, Kids, Documentries). I use BT for the phone with their unlimited call package can't remember the price though.

Broadband works perfectly every time and the supplied router does what it's supposed to.

Used cable back when it was NTL and had to restart the cable modem a few times a week, the cable tv box used to regularly crash as well.