ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Virgin HD Coming Friday 11th, Do I need HDMI Cables?

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Hi, My Mum and Dad have finally left the dark ages and decided go HD.

They basically had regular Sky + And an old school big backed 28" TV. Bizarrely out internet and phone is with virgin, So I've convinced them to go with one of the other, as they are spending a s**t load having 2 different providers!

The eventually decided on a Virgin package, Which has some HD channels included, So i suggested a HD TV.

They've just bought a 42" Toshiba HD TV, IVe rigged it up to their current DVD player and Sky + Box via the scarts, But when Virgin come, Will i need HDMI cables? Will the Box ( I presume its a standard box, I know you can record, fast forward TV etc) need HDMI cables, OR do they suppy them?

Thanks

172 Cup
You'll need a HDMI cable yes. They only cost a couple of quid so why not buy one just in case it doesn't come with one? Keep it as a spare if it does.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Thanks, You know I renewed my membership to ask that, Glad I did, £10 well spent ;)

Now off to post *****, cause I can, Jokes

172 Cup
To be honest I'd hold off on buying the DVD player. There's been numerous deals lately where Bluray players have been on sale for £50 (PC World and HMV come to mind). So personally I'd save the cash and buy a cheap Bluray player next time there's an offer on.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
To be honest I'd hold off on buying the DVD player. There's been numerous deals lately where Bluray players have been on sale for £50 (PC World and HMV come to mind). So personally I'd save the cash and buy a cheap Bluray player next time there's an offer on.

We have about 400 DVD's and Zero Blu Rays ;) Plus they are used to regular sky on a 15 year old TV, Trust me they will be happy eith this ;)

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
You should be supplied with an HDMI cable when the box is installed. If the engineer does not have any in the van, call Virgin up and they'll send you one in the post.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Bluray players do play normal DVD's too you know.

LOL what a tool! Didnt think that!

Well I got them a HDMI Upscaling DVD player and set it all up and Avatar looks absolutely breathtaking! Only issue is i bought 1m HDMI cables and they are too short so the DVD player is right at the back of the stand lol! Ill pick up those 1.5m ones in the link

thanks guys, Looking forward to the world cup in HD :)