ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Valet

White Sti Hatch
My car is in need of a good clean inside and out, just wanting to know if its worth while spending the money to have it professionally done at a valet place or not ???

Mito Sportiva 135
Depends what you want and how much you have to spend... one man's valeting company is another man's scratch scratch inducer.

White Sti Hatch
Just the inside and out giving a good clean is all im wanting.....Id need to ask around and see what local company people have used before

Mito Sportiva 135
Just the inside and out giving a good clean is all im wanting.....Id need to ask around and see what local company people have used before

Again, what you consider "a good clean" may be totally different to someone elses...

White Sti Hatch
Fair point mate......I was considering doing itmyself but i dont have the time :/ Want to take out front seats give it a good clean on the inside for once

Mito Sportiva 135
Fair point mate......I was considering doing itmyself but i dont have the time :/ Want to take out front seats give it a good clean on the inside for once

Get some photos up and a more detailed description of specifically what you want done and should be able to help you more mate!

White Sti Hatch
Well right now its pissing of rain so no chance of pics lol but basicaly what i want is the inside givin a really good clean as theres dirt etc etc under seats that i cant get to with hoover, on the out side just a good clean as when i generaly do it i leave water marks everywhere.

If you could give me some tips for cleaning the outside would be grand mate

Coiley'd Clio PH2
I wanna give mine a proper good clean at some point. Probaby in the summer holidays i will spend a couple days just cleaning it.
Like you said, taking out the seats, trying to source any rattles. Replace/spray any scratched bits etc etc..

White Sti Hatch
I wanna give mine a proper good clean at some point. Probaby in the summer holidays i will spend a couple days just cleaning it.
Like you said, taking out the seats, trying to source any rattles. Replace/spray any scratched bits etc etc..

Yeah im looking to gut it inside and give it a really good clean, On the outside i have a few paint defects but they dont look like just touch up jobs :/ just hoping that the conservatory is done by summer so i can get my car down the drive

Mito Sportiva 135
To do the outside the process you will be looking at is:

Shampoo with wash mitt, 2 bucket method.
Clay.
Polish - preferably with a PC to remove any defects that are pretty much impossible by hand.
Then seal and wax.

Loads of posts on all the above so try searching and then if you have any more specific questions come back mate.

White Sti Hatch
Got one for you aleady, the paint on my car is pritty much fooked so not really wanting to clay, what i want to know is the roof feels a bit "rough" whats the best way to smooth it down something like t cut ?

Mito Sportiva 135
Got one for you aleady, the paint on my car is pritty much fooked so not really wanting to clay, what i want to know is the roof feels a bit "rough" whats the best way to smooth it down something like t cut ?

An aggressive clay would do the trick... then followed up by a machine polish. T Cut will do bugger all... it just leaves loads of minor scratch marks all over you paint. It is treated like heresy on this forum lol

White Sti Hatch
Thing is though i think my car was in an accident at one point before i got it and its had a bad respray on it paint seems really thin in areas ( like driverside window where its actualy flaking off ) dosnt claying remove a layer of paint in a way or am i wrong ?

Mito Sportiva 135
Thing is though i think my car was in an accident at one point before i got it and its had a bad respray on it paint seems really thin in areas ( like driverside window where its actualy flaking off ) dosnt claying remove a layer of paint in a way or am i wrong ?

Claying is abrassive yes.. so could potentially cause damage. If the paint itself is in poor condition then I would want that repaired properly before working on it, but I am of the mentality of doing a "proper job" - you might be happy with a little clean and a light polish so depends what your after really.

BioHzrd

Log onto www.detailingworld.co.uk

Get in touch with a guy called DaveKG he is in Dundee

He will be able to give you all the advice you need and if you wanted him to detail your car would do a much better job than any valeting company.

White Sti Hatch
BioHzrd

Log onto www.detailingworld.co.uk

Get in touch with a guy called DaveKG he is in Dundee

He will be able to give you all the advice you need and if you wanted him to detail your car would do a much better job than any valeting company.

I just signed up there about an hour ago still waitin on my account being activated by a mod though....

RB 182
As Brazo says DaveKG will so it out for you and it will be better than new.

Shouldn't be too long for your account to be authorised.