ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

V6 locking wheel nut

I noticed a few days ago that my locking wheel nut has been misplaced and Ive just been round to Lookers Renault next to the showroom I work in to enquire about replacement of the key or the nut set. I remember from Mini that they just used to have about 20 different different keys and the workshops used to keep a master set containing all the keys. Lookers have just told me that EVERY Renault locking nut set is completely unique so theyd have to chisel off the lokcing nuts that are on my car at the moment. Sounds like absolute garbage to me. Anybody had a similar problem??

Mitch

I had the same problem with the Pulsar.............and chisel they did...............not sure about Reno tho.

Cya Stu

PS and it cost £60 :eek:

Clio V6 255

you should have 2 locking wheel nut adapter thingys, one in the box with the four spare bolts and the other in with the jack in the boot?

if you cant find it I would not go to the extreme of getting it chiselled off. I went into my tyre fitters (Gupa P) and saw them taking a set of locking wheel nuts off for the same reason. The guy had a socket that instead of having the normal hex shape in it, it was a twisted spline. He hammered the socket on and undid it from there in seconds - the splines actually dig in to the locking wheel nut and grip tighter as force is applied to remove the nut. Done in seconds and without endangering your alloys with hammer and chisel

Have a look in your Service Book and within that you should find thhe correct code for the wheel nut.

Renault will then be able to order one for you.

Thanks for that John. My Vee is probably the last car I want to be caught without a locking wheel nut in. Especially with the Oulton track day on the way.