ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Urgent seat wiring help please

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Replacing my seats for other standard seats, 172. Can anyone tell me what each of these plugs/wires are? It looks like theyve been fiddled with before. Its the same on both sides.
image.jpeg

The new seats just have the one plug..

image.jpg

Help please, i'm in a cold garage! :(

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I've cut the wires and connected just the plug in the new ones and the airbag and service light has come on.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I've found a couple of diagrams etc but what do I do about my cut ones and why does the new seat only have one plug?

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
So the old owner of my car has fucked the old wiring, and the old owner of the seats has kindly just cut the seat sensor and pretensioer.. What do i do :(

image.jpeg

Paul172sport

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1
Wish I could offer you more help and advice mate but I'm as lost as you.
Can only say to speak Mike at Rentec book it in he will sort you out,

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
sub1-jpg.jpg

I will try and find a better pic but that is a standard 182.

GavC

ClioSport Club Member
  Black Gold 182FF
Looks like your car's wiring is for seats with airbags built in (i.e. half leather/alcantara) and the new seats don't have airbags?

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I managed to fix it. Well my friend did. Both seats had airbags, so that wasn't the problem. He ended up snapping off the seat position sensors from my old seats and reconnecting them to the new seats, and made up all the wires. He also did something with the pretensions and used my old seat belt sockets. All lights off and all working as they should. Still no idea why my old seats had cut wires hanging out of the plugs though!

I definitely owe him a pint!