ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

upgraded front headlight bulbs

Elise,Pum,WRX,MCS,R6
hope this is in the right sections?

i saw these ones in halfrauds, its called xenon headlight bulbs. all i want is just the main lights to be abit more stronger. i go down to somerset often and has to be a good for the country dark lanes. but i have heard of cases where it has burned out the wires.

has anyone tried these on the clio?

Mégane RS
erm yeah halfords are expensive too lol, most call it halfraudes lol, get some silverstar, osram if you want legal and bright

Skoda Fabia vRS
PIAA are the best you can get in my opinion

they do bulbs which produce more light but only draw the same wattage so no burnt out wiring

if i could afford them again id buy some now

Elise,Pum,WRX,MCS,R6
which ones do u have White16valver? and how much?

how much are the piaa ones?
anyone got pics of these with them on the car?
cheers

The PIAA website has a list of shop dealers: http://www.piaa.co.uk/dealers/dealers.asp or there are some online dealers: http://www.piaa.co.uk/dealers/dealersonline.htm

I got mine off ebay so they were a bit cheaper though :cool:
They have some Extreme White ones on there at the moment but they're not the Extreme White Plus ones.

I think that all PIAA are excellent though so have a look through the site and see if there's any that take your fancy and then check ebay or ring round the dealers to see if you can get them for a reduced price. :)

Just make sure you know which bulb fitment you need - H4? H7? etc etc!

I think they have to be e-marked to be legal (the PIAA website details which ones are if you look around) and, looking at the link earlier, the Extreme White Plus ones are (you can tell by the little round black thing with an E in it on the right of the item description) (I think? :S)

I've got some 50% uprated ones from Halford and there not much better but its dificult to know. There £17.99 for two which is good value I was blowing about 1 set ver 6 month with stock bulbs these uprated ones have lasted me 2 yrs or so and I've just replaced them today with the same ones.
172's full fats have zeons its only cars which don't have washer jets which can have uprated bulbs like this.
I've never burned any wiring out only the bulbs.
The main bulbs are H& and these are the ones to go.
Changing them is still a pain even with the experiance i've had and the drivers side is easy to change so try this one first as you'll understand how to do the other side. On the passenger side best unclip the fuse box cover and budge it over it give you more room to work.

E-ray_172 said:
thanks edde, whats your views on the links on this thread?
I've not looked at them I can only recomend what I've used unfortunatly.
Hopefully at the dinner on Sunday I'll try get some comparision of people with normal vs the bulbs in my car.

E-ray_172 said:
matt182 you got any pictures of your blue visons at night mate?

Sorry mate missed your post havent got any at night think there is a thread about bluevisions and there is a pic on there the side lights that you get free with them match the HIDs very well and the main beam is really clear aswell the bulbs are h7s and i got them from http://www.powerbulbs.co.uk/ and you get a 10% discount for being a cliosport member sorry i was a bit late :D

Elise,Pum,WRX,MCS,R6
no problem matt182, im thinking of getting the Osram Silver Star H4 but not the H4, i think thats for the single light clio's. i think its the h7's correct me if im wrong please. but im sure the bluevision ones are more blue and i would go for them but it doesnt indicate that it runs the same wattage as standard and the osram silver ones do. oh and its nice to get the bluevision side lights free :D , cant complain with that.

anything else i need to know before i order these bad boys up.

cheers for the help so far fella's

H7s are correct if you have Xenons but if not they are h1s for full beam only think you get the free side lights with the bluevisions bulbs and the bluevisions are the same wattage as standard ones they are 55watt just had a look at the box

Chocolate Bar™
edde said:
I've got some 50% uprated ones from Halford and there not much better but its dificult to know. There £17.99 for two which is good value I was blowing about 1 set ver 6 month with stock bulbs these uprated ones have lasted me 2 yrs or so and I've just replaced them today with the same ones.
172's full fats have zeons its only cars which don't have washer jets which can have uprated bulbs like this.
I've never burned any wiring out only the bulbs.
The main bulbs are H& and these are the ones to go.
Changing them is still a pain even with the experiance i've had and the drivers side is easy to change so try this one first as you'll understand how to do the other side. On the passenger side best unclip the fuse box cover and budge it over it give you more room to work.

^^ agree with that, however on my car (1.2 16v) the drivers side is much more difficult to get to due to the location of the air conditioning pipes.

i had the osram silverstars in mine and was really quite impressed with them. they popped one evening, so had no choice but to go halfords. bought some of the xenon technology halfords bulbs edde refers to, and whilst the light is really crisp to look at, the light itself isnt that penetrating and doesnt seem as good at night.

for the money i cant complain, but would recommend going for the osrams :)

Elise,Pum,WRX,MCS,R6
iv confused myself now,i have a x-reg clio sport twin headlight(dont think there have xenon) can anyone tell me which h? it is please for my low beam(dipped) ?

matt182- pretty sure it comes with any headlights bulbs etc when you order.

:S not sure which one it will look more neat?

blue vision side light- bluevision low beam OR blue vision side light and osram silverstars

ST
For dipped beam/driving beam or whatever i bought bosch (H7) ones for my dynamique, £18 a side, very very bright, when driving towards others on back roads i often got flashed as if i had full beam on....seemed to go a good bit further than the standard bulbs in my gf's 2004 dynamique....

Elise,Pum,WRX,MCS,R6
just looked at my drivers handbook and it stats for dipped headlights use hb3 for my x-reg clio 172.
can someone comfirm this is correct for me so i could order them. thanks

Take a bulb out and take a photo, then you'll know when you go into the shop or order online ;) lol (it might also be printed on the bulb somewhere!)

Elise,Pum,WRX,MCS,R6
cheers vinnyc19.
these hb3 bulb type f*cking dont come with much choice lol.
and there all seem to be 65watts and i thought standard ones was 55watts. never thought buying bulbs could be confusing :clown: