ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Upgrade

ok, ive got the renault cd changer and 44x4 cd head unit. however, i want to improve things a little, without changing these.....yet.

1. is it a straight swap for me to change the front door speakers for better ones? just old ones out, new ones in, simple?

2. also, what should i do for the rear quarter panel speakers? should i ditch these for some mid ranges, as they are full range at the moment, and ive been told i should eliminate any treble from the rear. ????

What should i do??

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

1. If you get the correct size then yes.. but remember there are tweeters aswell.

2. very possibly but the best way to eliminate the high notes is to just put a filter inline.

1. could i just change the door speakers, and leave the standard tweeters in?

2. whats the best method for upgrading the rears then? scrap them for midranges, or just upgrade to full ranges, but of a higher quality???????

no way is the renault head unit 4X44? i thought it was 4X22w?

mate take my advice, ive done it the expensive way..trial and error!

get a nice amp to power a sub and some front components. you will love it. then get some nice 13cm coaxiles for some rear fill. But you really need a new head unit, what a difference it makes!

id say the best system would be:

£200+ head unit, alpine or pioneer

two JL subs