ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Universal spacers or hub centric spacers

Clio 1.4 16v
so where.. if anywhere does it prove they fit on a clio??

such as .... 4x100 pcd...?? is doesnt..

in my eyes a waste of money.. and the way he goes on about wheel wobble... and non refunds just for wheel wobble.. doesnt seem like a bargain to me..

i have been running 15mm hubcentric spacers on all 4 of my wheels... and there is no wobble.. as the hubcentric means your wheels still fit on the centre bore..

with the spacers you are looking at.. they wont sit neatly on the centrebore.. they will just be held on by the wheel bolts... which in my eyes.. isnt safe..

but.. then again... its how much money you want to spend...

i spent £70 gettin hubcentrics for front and rear alxe... and alot of time with an angle grinder making them fit.. and not catch on the arch...

money vs. safety

rant over :cool:

hubcentric-bit more pricey but stable
universal-cheap but dangerous,cost more when your wheel falls off,same as running no spigot rings if you use these,look what happened to leighk18 without spigot rings

lol at the eBay ad..

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The spacers provided with this kit (our kit 1) are universal spacers. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]These are put into our kits to offer you, the customer, an ‘economy priced’ solution when attempting to fit wheels to your car that normally will not fit. The problem is, that if theses spacers are not fitted perfectly true and center,they may cause a slight wheel wobble at speed (65mph+).

great!..
[/FONT]