ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Underwater Camera

Been looking at getting a new camera for my Australia trip.
Was looking at the Cannon Ixus I Zoom as i have the Ixus I and like it. Also seen the v570, looks good, if i could get it cheap enough it would be that one.

Now im gonna do some Scuba Diving so would like one that can have a underwater case. Any one know of a decent cheapish one. Dont wanna spend too much on a camera as nights out the camera seems to take a bit of a beating.
Some sites seem to say the Ixus I Zoom can have one, others say it cant.

Open to all suggestions, want it as small as poss, at least 5mp and optical zoom would be nice (nothing too much x2 etc)

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Slightly digressing....(apologies)

Where are you off to in Oz? How long for?

I found for my Sony DCS that the under water case was as much as the camera when I was down under and even recently looked at an underwater case for my 350D and thats more than the body!

Going Sydney for a few days then flying up to Brisban, coming back down to byron Bay, then making our way up to Cairns with various stop offs. Going for 5 weeks in total. Cant wait.

I know the cases are expencive, gonna look in to getting a package, well hoping to. Gotta find a ideal camera first tho.