ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

UCH body control module... Thank's Renault... for your epic customer service...

Clio 172
I've been having trouble with my 2002 172 for a while now.

The fault is intermittent and ranges from wipers stopping, to headlights flashing to doors double locking. After doing quite a bit of reasearch and a visit to a local garrage it's looking like it's probably the UCH body control module... great...
The car has been into a local garage who checked the fault codes. The only codes showing were for brake pedal switch (lack of cruise control) and a rear wiper fault.

So I decided to call the ''lovley, helpfull, in the know'' people at renault today...

"Hi, I've got this problem with my clio...." and off I go, explain my borning story...
"So worse case sinearo, how much would it cost me to replace this UCH module?"

"... bout £800 "

"I'm sorry...?... It's a circuit board with 3 relays..."

"It's a comput'a, like the ECU"

"Oooo k. Well can I have a break down for the part and the programming please?"

*10 minutes goes by... by which point i'm actually chatting with myself I'm that bored...*

"£268 part... £144 programming..."

*thinks to myself, I wasent that hot on Maths but i'm fairly sure thats not 800 quid...* feel free to correct me.

"I am considering trying to get a hold of a used one and have it re-programmed"

"They are locked to the chassis number and cannot be re-programmed.
Other garages wont show up the same fault codes as our comput'a"

"Thanks very much."

So after all my ranting on, here's what i'm getting at:

> Can these modules be re-programmed if they have been used on a car with a different chassis number?
> Are renault the ONLY people in the world who can do it? Becuase personally, I would rather drive my car to the @ss end of nowhere and let a pro look at it LONG before renault.

I would be grateful to hear from anyone who has had one of these fixed. Who fixed it, how, costs etc... Thank you.

My UCH went on the 172. After researching, I thought it was my best option for Renault to bend me over and charge me £400 for the little f**king circuit board.

330i. E30 Touring.
You can buy a full set from a working car and use it.

You'll need the UCH, ECU, key etc. I've got two sets both from 182's in the shed.