ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trophy Problems = Brilliant Renault Service

Trophy #490
Just wondering, has anyone elses fuel pump gone on their 1*2's? Mine went about 12/13 months ago, then it went again last week just as I was on my way for a blast up to the Yorkshire Dales, out of warranty too. Took it to Renault Pontefract as soon as the problem showed (as mine had already gone before, I recognised the same problem - revving only to 5000rpm, and gradually deteriorating as time went on) and they quoted me £370 including labour which I thought was very reasonable.

The technician there was the one who replaced it a year ago when it failed the first time, and he gave me a number to contact RUK customer services just to see whether I could get anything from them, as he had informed me about a 12 month parts warranty and as mine had ran out on the replaced fuel pump only a few weeks after, I thought I'd try. Still I was pretty pissed off though, so much so I even considered buying the LY R27 they had there at the time! :eek:

An extremely efficient and professional service followed from both Renault Pontefract and the main customer service department, and they even offered to pay 90% of the £370 bill.

A few days after the work had been finished, I received a text from the manager of Pontefract just wishing me well with the car and if I have any problems with it in the future, he'll sort it personally! Then a phone call from the main customer services seeing if I was happy with everything and again wishing me well!

Fantastic service, and I would recommend Renault Pontefract to anyone, much better than the clowns who run the Wakefield one. Who said Renaults' customer relations were bad eh! After some of the horror stories I've heard about them previously, they've definitely changed my mind now.

The Renault dealers are hit & miss it seems, my local in Slough is great, parts are often in stock no matter how obscure they are (helps being one of the part hubs for the south mind you) or they are ordered for 8am the next morning without fail.

Tav

Clio 197
£370...eek that's a big bill. Pumps aren't cheap to buy so you'll be delighted you got such a healthy discount. I'd have been fitting it myself to try and escape some of the financial clobber I think, just as well you didn't.

Clio 182FF
Norwich scratched my Clio to bits when washing it (never lettings anyone other than me wash it again) but to be fair they did have it all sorted for me.

VaVa
I've always maintained they should have dedicated Renaulsport service centres. Even if there's only the odd one round the country, tagged onto some of the bigger dealerships, it would be much better.

The staff in the usual dealerships seem to know the square root of f**k all about the RS range tbh

Clio 182 + Recaros
I've always maintained they should have dedicated Renaulsport service centres. Even if there's only the odd one round the country, tagged onto some of the bigger dealerships, it would be much better.

The staff in the usual dealerships seem to know the square root of f**k all about the RS range tbh

What a great idea - Didn't Ford operate something similiar with RS centres?

I've had the same experience with main dealers re. my 182 they've been utterly useless.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R

Thats a really good idea!:)

Trophy #490

Definitely. Like I mentioned, my previous experiences with the main dealer in Wakefield have been terrible really, they know f**k all about what they are trying to sell there. Like the bloke who didn't have a clue about a 197 Cup and insisted on there being only R27's in, and I quote, 'that goldy yellow colour'! Didn't know the difference between R26/R27's, not a clue what my Trophy was, oh and the '192' series.

Pontefract however, just 15 miles up the road, really impressed me with the whole service and their professionalism. It's nice to know that there is a few good ones out there at least, I just wish they'd be a bit more consistent throughout the country it seems!