ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Time Travel.....

Clio 197

Hi, just a quickie update of my 182 @ 3 weeks, 1750 miles...

Ok.... so as the title suggests, its very very fast!

The engine is really opening up, and at 5k rpm I can seriously feel a power surge..... however its difficult to keep under control in first gear!

Mid range is shockingly better than my first 182, with plenty of power to keep me happy for normal day-to-day driving. There is a small gap, between 3-4k where I could do with more pull... This might improve with miles?

Pull at motorway speeds is far better now, with fouth gear being the best for overtaking.

Averaging 33 MPG.

Brakes are finally bedded-in, with very good stopping power, and no fade so far. Wet braking requires a bit more biting time, but is ok once youre used to it.

Tyres have been scrubbed-in and are made of velcro... Ive not slid around yet... but I dont want to take risks this time of year. 7mm on all four.

A wee intermittant rattle had started behind the instrument binnacle... not sure what it is, but its only noticable in town...

Aircon smells a wee bit when switching A/C ON to OFF, but it goes after a few minutes...

Thats all for now... any ideas on smelly a/c?

Ta,

Oms.

Quote: Originally posted by Pete on 31 January 2005
Thats nothing compared to the miles Mr Hughes does.

73,000 yesterday.

;-)

/y0z