ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Thewitt - 172 Cup

RS Clio 172 Cup
Thought it was about time I posted up a thread on here seeing as Ive made a few changes to my car!

I picked it up a few months ago, totally standard, 43k on the clock and all but one service stamp in the book (12k service missing) it had also just had the belts done. So I gave it a quick clean and met up with some friends and got some pics:

DSC_3359.jpg

DSC_3369.jpg

DSC_3394.jpg

DSC_3397.jpg

DSC_3380.jpg

DSC_3396.jpg

First thing I did was fit a smaller front plate and replaced the rear one with one without any dealership markings.
The wheels weren't in the best condition so I got them refurbished in white and sprayed the front diamond white.

RSClioWhiteWheels.jpg

Not the best picture in the world, stupid iPhone! Will get some better ones soon.

I took a trip to London to run the car on the rollers at RedDot and came back with the following graph:

RedDotPowerRun160809.jpg

176.7bhp @ 6200rpm & 161.0lbft @ 5400rpm
Figures may seem high considering the engine side of things is totally standard as far as I am aware so Im happy but Im not too sure about the reliability of rollers as one car that had run 160bhp there in the past only ran 151bhp and a friends Civic Type R ran 218bhp with only an AEM long ram induction kit & Supersprint b pipe & back box which seems a bit high?

Future plans Ive got for it are a set of coilovers to lower the ride height slightly, paint the bullets & remaining badges white, fit an exhaust of some description, induction of some description and remap it.

130i Road, 172 Track
Nice pick up! But I think it needs a detail ;)

Also, if you only want to lower it slightly, save your money and get some Eibach Sportlines. Having the Cup suspension setup already, you only really need coilies if you want to dump it seriously...

Good luck!

RS Clio 172 Cup
Nice pick up! But I think it needs a detail ;)

Also, if you only want to lower it slightly, save your money and get some Eibach Sportlines. Having the Cup suspension setup already, you only really need coilies if you want to dump it seriously...

Good luck!

Yep, definitely needs a detail! Need to get a machine polisher on it tbh.
Think the shocks are on the way out, as the rear end seems to get very loose when going over a bump in the road only when turning left and at slow speeds so needs replacing anyway and have ordered a set of coilovers for it!

RS Clio 172 Cup
Christ that needs a detail!!

Where are you based?

Swirl city ;) lol

Cannock, Staffs mate, looking for someone to detail it for me soon if anyone is interested as I dont trust myself with a machine polisher!

130i Road, 172 Track
Yep, definitely needs a detail! Need to get a machine polisher on it tbh.
Think the shocks are on the way out, as the rear end seems to get very loose when going over a bump in the road only when turning left and at slow speeds so needs replacing anyway and have ordered a set of coilovers for it!

Fair enough! What'd you end up going for??