ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The week long Waxathon competition - a Waxstock special

Honda & VW
Who knows, the impression I get these days from AF is they are too busy for this forum (not saying this is the case just how i see it).

I fully appreciate its a 'Free to Enter' competition so nobody can moan as no money is being passed over or anything. However, the idea behind such a competition is surely to promote products and build up a following. Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but the quickest way to lose followers is to ignore them and show a lack of interest in them (in this case the forum/section community).

Yes they are the sections sponsor but i see it that they would benifit from pure word of mouth/recommendation apposed to running a competition every week that then takes forever to find out the results to.

Now I may well be coming across as a wining willy but I just wanted to air my thoughts.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Quit the bitching. It's only a silly little competition which is a fairly unlikely one to win anyway.

I wouldn't let it bother you if they havent came on here to give us the info on if it's finished or who won or whatever. Just chill ;)

Honda & VW
Quit the b**ching. It's only a silly little competition which is a fairly unlikely one to win anyway.

I wouldn't let it bother you if they havent came on here to give us the info on if it's finished or who won or whatever. Just chill ;)

Wouldn't say I was bitching but you're probably right in that I shouldn't let it bother me.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Who knows, the impression I get these days from AF is they are too busy for this forum (not saying this is the case just how i see it).

I fully appreciate its a 'Free to Enter' competition so nobody can moan as no money is being passed over or anything. However, the idea behind such a competition is surely to promote products and build up a following. Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but the quickest way to lose followers is to ignore them and show a lack of interest in them (in this case the forum/section community).

Yes they are the sections sponsor but i see it that they would benifit from pure word of mouth/recommendation apposed to running a competition every week that then takes forever to find out the results to.

Now I may well be coming across as a wining willy but I just wanted to air my thoughts.

Have they replied in the main thread over on DW? As I haven't seen it, now I wouldnt have thought they'd want to ignore that section either?

They seem to attend a lot of shows, as well as running a product and detailing business, maybe they are busy and should just forget about the whole waxathon free competition that at least one person moans about each week.

Honda & VW
I appreciate we here at CS aren't a high priority of theirs, if they are so busy with their work etc then they should stop the comp if they haven't got the time to keep people updated.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
It's not only CS they haven't replied on, it's the many forums they are part of.

If you don't like to wait, don't enter, simples. You'd rather they don't create free comps for everyone to enter because sometimes, you might have to wait a week?

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Tbf I'd rather anyone who is impatient or won't appreciate the prize wouldn't enter. It would make things simpler for AF too!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I'd ban anyone that moans about a free competition. Just think about this for a second. It ran for a week... imagine how many entries those guys will have to go through!

PH2 Flamer
It's free, costing them money and entrants nothing.

They aren't going to stop making money taking/sorting out paid for orders, to hurry up and give away free a bunch of products.

I'm sure they will get it sorted when they have a free moment.

People should be grateful they are even doing this tbh. Don't see any other traders doing it.

2014 Clio 200t edc
It's free, costing them money and entrants nothing.

They aren't going to stop making money taking/sorting out paid for orders, to hurry up and give away free a bunch of products.

I'm sure they will get it sorted when they have a free moment.

People should be grateful they are even doing this tbh. Don't see any other traders doing it.

​+1 absolutely!!

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
I'd ban anyone that moans about a free competition. Just think about this for a second. It ran for a week... imagine how many entries those guys will have to go through!

​Not really that many entries, just look for the first right answer on each forum and then see who got it first. Won't take that long IMO no longer than it normally takes tbh

Honda & VW
Just to clarify things, i'm not having a pop at AF. infact I have plenty of their products and will continue to use them.
however I'm just stating how I personally feel about the way this competition seems to com across as being started half heartedly (not saying this is their intention but it seems to be th way it is of late).

They may well be so busy with everything else that they may even have already contemplated putting a stop to the comp, perhaps a monthly one would be a better idea.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
​Not really that many entries, just look for the first right answer on each forum and then see who got it first. Won't take that long IMO no longer than it normally takes tbh

It went on for a week... 7 days. Everyone can enter each day... that's a bit different to a 2 days competition!

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
It went on for a week... 7 days. Everyone can enter each day... that's a bit different to a 2 days competition!

I'm by no means agreeing with any of the 'haters' but its not that hard, most forums have a post search within a thread, simply check all forums quickly by using the search which ever is the earliest is the latest time you scroll down to on facebook. probably 10-15 mins on the forums and then 20 mins checking face book.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member

Makes no odds. if someone can guess right in the first day of a 2 day competition then they will do it in a week long competition too. Chances are everyone who guessed after the 2nd day were probably wasting their time.

not that I'm bothered btw, its free Ffs I'm great full to have the chance tbh. But a lengthier comp doesn't give you more chance of winning

Clio 182 FF
Makes no odds. if someone can guess right in the first day of a 2 day competition then they will do it in a week long competition too. Chances are everyone who guessed after the 2nd day were probably wasting their time.

not that I'm bothered btw, its free Ffs I'm great full to have the chance tbh. But a lengthier comp doesn't give you more chance of winning

It does give more people a chance to enter though;)