ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Ultimate Engine Upgrade!

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

Ive decided to the the ultimate engine upgrade to my car which will release all of its potential, and should, if all things go right, make it an M3 killer. ;)

Basically what Im planning is to get some black, Yellow, blue and Red heat resistant paint and touching up the engine logo.

Im just unsure of what paint I should use which will hold up to the intense heat generated by the engine.

Do you guys have any ideas? or should I just give some acryllic paint a go and see how it goes? What paint do you guys use on your brake calippers

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

um it hammerol or hammerite i think its metal heat resistant paint.

MaLicE

Chris - I just posted the picture, I didnt say I liked it! :sick: I think it looks best without the silly colouring-in to be honest... But hey, each to their own.

Re: The Polished Look - Thats sweet!!! But how the heck did he get it so shiny!?! Ive already tried metal polish (sad, I know) but couldnt get any of the oxidised aluminium (I think thats right) to budge...

Matt

Gold polishers rouge will do the job not sure where u buy it from we use it where i work lots ov elbow grease needed!!!!!!!!!!

BMW 320d Sport

Go to Halfords, they got everything you need all in one aisle . BTW compared to the lower parts of the engine, the rocker cover doesnt get that hot really so exhaust manifold paint will be kind of overkill!

yeah you get small 500ml tins of engine enamel, much better finish, and tin goes far. VHT paint is definetly overkill

Agreed guys, VHT paint would defo be overkill on mine, esp. since having the viper fitting, the top part of the engine block (throttle body down to inlets) gets stoney cold, even during summer temps..... thats what comes from having a cold air feed LoL