ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The price of individual parts for the cam belt and dephaser pully

I have been searching this forum trying to find the prices of parts for the cam belt kit and dephaser pulley and have been a bit muddled up with the prices but I got a quote of Renault and thought I would just put it on here in case someone some time searches for this sort of thing! The prices are at trade discount because it's always best to ask for trade at anything and they don't include V.A.T.
The cam belt kit was £171.61
Camshaft dephaser variator was £134.30
I did the wrong thing according to most of what I hear on here and just got the local mechanic to fit the parts but I have seen the locking kit that he has got and its the correct one for the 172.
He said by the book it should take up to 6 hours but hopefully it won't take as long.
I am guessing someone is going to say something is wrong one here but I am only trying to help!
Cheers Joe

Those prices are wrong.

Cambelt kit is £150 inc vat.
Dephaser pulley is £171.

Those are RRP. So you really didn't get much trade discount!

Also the locking kit you saw. How many tools were there? I'd also be willing to bet they weren't genuine.

£97 cambelt kit

£120 dephaser both from wolverhampton renault on here, so i would say you've had your pants pulled over your head mate.

And to make it worse it will most likely get fucked up. Ive never seen your random everyday garage actually have the correct tools!

Good luck

Many.
My mates normal garage has the tools, because I lend mine to them, and he does do the job right.

You've forgotten cam end seals, aux belt kit and service stuff in that too. Cam seals Renault Wolverhampton throw in, aux belt kit is more than likely needed too, and you don't want to run old oil in a new dephaser.

It's weird how the prices vary so much! They look like the same tools on what I have seen on the forum through searches. Surly if it's out of time you would hear it straight away and the garage is putting 6 months warranty on it so it's there fault if it's fooked!