ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

"Terrorist" Photography

Golf MK6 GT TDI
f**king crazy! you cant even take a picture these days without someone thinking your part of the taliban!!

Megane Mk4
I had something similar happen to me at least twice,
I was out and about doing snapshots of a local church and as I was taking the shots, four teenagers walked pass, started shouting pervert and peado as I had the camera in my hand.

The second time was in a public shopping centre taking a photo of the centre clock (Wellgate Centre, Dundee).
I got a tap on the shoulder and asked to delete my photos and put the camera away from one of the security guards. I told him I'd put the camera away but I wouldn't delete any of the photos as the images contained no people at all (I'd taken 2 shots). I even offered to show him the pictures I'd taken but he refused to look.

You can't get a camera out without looking like some sordid dirty pervert nowadays. People seem to forget the fact that most cameras are built into phones too and people regularly take photos on them. (Just look at facebook/faceparty/bebo/myspace and the likes of.) The worlds a fecking joke imVHo. People always think that the crap we read in newspapers is always true and factual and take it all as gospel.

The world is what we make it... and it's going downhill fast atm.

Last edited:
There was an interesting thread on 28DL that gave a link to a cracking film of a PCSO going way OTT at a photographer, and that linked through to here: http://www.sirimo.co.uk/ukpr.php

Worth downloading that guide and taking a copy with you if you think you might be questioned at any point during a photography session.

There's also some useful advice contained within the comments link at the bottom of the page.

It does need to be updated to take account of the current state of paranoia about terrorism, but I think they're working on an update...

Tangoed Works
id ask him if hed like my lens up his arse before i deleted any shots. what is the world coming to?

Revels Mum & Sister
A foreigner telling us where we should and shouldnt film in your own country what a piss take to be honest.

Fiat Panda 100hp
I've been questioned a few times by sercurity, one of the times I was stood on the road taking pictures in the general direction of a shopping center and the sercurity guard came over the loud speaker system asking what I was doing, knowing he cant hear me is there any point in answering, few minutes later he came out and questioned me. He asked me to go away and stop taking pictures.

I replied, nah. Call the police if you want me to go, as I am not breaking any laws and you don't have the authority to do anything, he walked away pretending to call the police. lol. Silly man.

Mustang, S13, AX GT
A foreigner telling us where we should and shouldnt film in your own country what a piss take to be honest.
Christ you have no idea how much that annoyed me, he was struggling to speak clearly in English and he acted like that. Personally, I would have been fighting urges to hit the guy. Lord help any-one who hastles me for having a camera in public...