ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

tax disc holders - positioning??

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
does the tax disc holder have to be displayed on the bottom left of the front windscreen?

is this just a chosen place or could i mount it in another position, as far as i know the have to be on display at all times, but im worried about moving it incase a police officer takes a quick look at bottom left, sees nothing and doesnt reach into his pocket for the lube...

Mégane RS
i saw some woman stick hers right in the center of her screen, that must be distracting lol

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
Bottom left hand corner of the screen, regardless of the car. I have seen people with LHD yank tanks, E30 M3's and Lancia Integralle put them in the right hand side.......wrong !

Would have to be a pretty bored plod that would report you, but watch out for traffic wardens and CPO's

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
so it definately has to be positioned there??

i want it moved, the front screen is hard enough to clean as it is without dodging the tax!!!(i mean the inside)

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
so it definately has to be positioned there??

i want it moved, the front screen is hard enough to clean as it is without dodging the tax!!!(i mean the inside)

Yep ! if you dont want to take the risk of finding a FPT for failing to display, because a warden wont walk into the road to see if its on the other side.
It has happened, believe me......:dapprove:

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
what about it i put it central behind the rear view mirror?then it will be clearly visible from both sides of the road even at a quick glance??

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
what about it i put it central behind the rear view mirror?then it will be clearly visible from both sides of the road even at a quick glance??

Nope ! Rules say bottom left hand corner. Honestly, if a warden cant see it where it should be, they will photograph the correct position and write you a ticket.......real jobsworths some of them..(Allegedly)

Just put it where it's supposed to go. I don't get why people would decide they want to put the thing else where !

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
i only thought about moving it when i was cleaning the inside of the window!

dont often clean the rear 2/4 windows as dont often have people in the back, so thought if it was legal i could stick it there and then its out of the way!